Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steiner P4xi.....mini review

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Have a couple Px4i- truck gun, 14.5” BCM and a 16” range gun.
    A few K rds through the range gun; CQB drills to 400 yds. The illumination has been entirely adequate for fast/close work.
    Realistically perhaps 5% slower than a RD.
    Reticle is dialed in for m193 and close enough for 77 gr CBC/IMI 77 gr. for full size IPSC steel.
    Both scopes have held up well.
    Only complaint is the mushy adjustment/ lack of positive clicks.
    Not a deal breaker on an LPV that is ideally set and left alone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll chime in on the P4Xi I guess. I've had one on my BCM midlength (Non free floated) for a couple months now.
    My main complaint is with the reticle, which I'm not super crazy about. It's quite usable, so I can, and will, live with it, but I'd prefer something more along the lines of the ACSS or something.
    I feel like the cross hairs can kind of obscure the target a bit more than I'd like. Trying to hit a smaller target (approx 6x6 piece of paper) at 100yds on 1x was mostly guesswork, because it was basically hidden by the cross hairs, although I did surprise myself by actually hitting it. Of course the question of *why* I'd stay on 1x to engage a target at 100yds in the first place could be asked, but I just wanted to try for the hell of it to see how effectively I might be able to take a shot when I "don't have time" to dial the magnification up.
    For some reason, with my glasses I wear I had to get a mount that positioned the scope quite far forward in order to get proper eye relief.
    I zeroed mine with IMI 77gr and if I'm really having a good day can get groups of about 1.25-1.5" out of it at 100yds, but more often in the 2" range.
    The mushy adjustment is mildly annoying but I don't mess with the adjustments anyway now that it's zeroed.
    Overall my impression is that it's a good scope a good price with kind of a "meh" reticle that I don't hate, but don't love either.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Ordered mine today from B&H Photo after my Burris RT6 crapped the bed. Interested to see how they compare for general use and local 3 gun matches....

Has anyone sighted in your Px4i at 100 yards? Wondering how the bdc would work at distance.....
    Well you've probably answered this for yourself by now, but for future posterity...

Per Steiner, the reticle is specifically calibrated for a 200 yd zero with M855. I wanted to use a 100 yd zero with M193 so I checked the reticle in Strelok+ and by hand, using ballistic drop tables for M193 and Steiner's documentation on their reticle's subtensions. The math says the BDC actually lines up very well with M193 zeroed at 100 yds; in fact IMHO it lined up slightly better than the intended ammo/zero combination.

Since getting the scope, I've had it out to around 300 yds and verified that the math was right, and the BDC performs very well for me.

I'd recommend anyone interested in using this scope with a different zero or different to do the same: estimate the alignment of the BDC with your chosen ammo given your altitude and prevailing weather conditions.

Feedback Score
    Now if only they would come out with a P6xi.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Now if only they would come out with a P6xi.
    They showed a 6x at SHOT Show, but it was one of their military scopes. I am interested in a P6Xi as well.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I hope they make an affordable 1-6 scope when they release it.

Feedback Score
    They showed their M6xi SOCOM contract submission at SHOT 2018. M6xi but with low pro capped turrets, dark earth tone, ~1 inch shorter than commercial M6xi, enlarged objective housing. ~$3k.

I did ask on their official IG if they had plans to eventually open this mil-only version of the M6xi for commercial sales. "Maybe once contract procurement is over".
    Last edited by MaxTheCat; 06-06-18 at 09:12.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123