Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries Combat Rail Handguard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Stick,

Wonderful pics as usual. What length barrel and handguard?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppinFatTony View Post
    Stick,

Wonderful pics as usual. What length barrel and handguard?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    That looks like a 16inch barrel with a 14 inch hand guard.
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    What barrel leangth and handguard is on that one? Is that a 16 with the 12.65?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This also looks to be a 16 inch barrel with a 14 inch hand guard.
    thanks
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    That looks like a 16inch barrel with a 14 inch hand guard.
    Troy
    MI

I missed this one earlier, and indeed it is a 16" w/ 14".

There is something about this configuration, with the balance and overall feel that it handles and conforms to me as a shooter better than it has any right to. It isn't often that a weapon hits that perfect point of everything, but this one really has. This may take place in the stable of "go guns" after I get some more ammo through it and can completely bless off on it.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    What barrel leangth and handguard is on that one? Is that a 16 with the 12.65?
    16in bbl / 14in MI Combat rail.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 08-03-18 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    16in bbl / 14in MI Combat rail.

Thanks for adding another pic, how do you like the Lantac on yours?

On a side note, have you used a thread locker on your YHM sights? If not, you might want to. Every student I know who has even used them in my, or other instructors classes has had them come loose. I had a few pair that I used to use, but mine came loose on a regular basis even with threadlocker (I was probably using the wrong type or just had bad luck).
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thanks for adding another pic, how do you like the Lantac on yours?

On a side note, have you used a thread locker on your YHM sights? If not, you might want to. Every student I know who has even used them in my, or other instructors classes has had them come loose. I had a few pair that I used to use, but mine came loose on a regular basis even with threadlocker (I was probably using the wrong type or just had bad luck).

I primarily shoot M193. Lantac keeps the rifle remarkably flat for offhand shooting. It makes follow-up shots addicting.

Thanks for asking. Yes, the front sight loosened first time I had it out. Blue threadlocker and a bit extra torque on that big wide screw slot kept them in place after that. I've been curious about the nylon patch Magpul uses ever since I first saw it several years ago.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast