Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: M4/CQBR Clone, too soon to be retro?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by albatrossarmament View Post
    I honestly have no idea what this has to do with a M4/CQBR clone
    Look at ClassIIIGunsmith's post history. He most certainly has a screw loose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Look at ClassIIIGunsmith's post history. He most certainly has a screw loose.
    that was posted 18 months ago....
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    that was posted 18 months ago....
    Well... This thread showed up for me under "new posts" and I did not check post dates for each individual post. Have you gained some sort of infinite wisdom in the past 18 months?

I'd rather not bicker with you in this dude's thread. I'd prefer you just not comment on topics you know nothing about.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Well... This thread showed up for me under "new posts" and I did not check post dates for each individual post. Have you gained some sort of infinite wisdom in the past 18 months?

I'd rather not bicker with you in this dude's thread. I'd prefer you just not comment on topics you know nothing about.
    I believe that he has learned a few things over the past 18 months and that he is a bit more aware of more things now than he was back then.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    UID plate came in.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Putting that surefire switch on the grip is a surefire way to have an ND with that light at the wrong moment. Most of us put it on the top rail or used the clicky tail cap. I reserved the grip for my PEQ15 switch, as it wouldn't compromise my safety.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Putting that surefire switch on the grip is a surefire way to have an ND with that light at the wrong moment. Most of us put it on the top rail or used the clicky tail cap. I reserved the grip for my PEQ15 switch, as it wouldn't compromise my safety.
    Not necessarily. I have the pressure switch on several of my ARs located on the VFG. I have to intentionally squeeze the pressure switch with my fingers to activate the light. I have never had an issue activating the light while shooting with the VFG gripped.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Not necessarily. I have the pressure switch on several of my ARs located on the VFG. I have to intentionally squeeze the pressure switch with my fingers to activate the light. I have never had an issue activating the light while shooting with the VFG gripped.
    I am unsure of your experience in the modern era of tape switches(I see your time in Recon), but my experience both stateside and in Iraq is that when you have gloves on and you're slamming into doors and armoires wearing NODs with people in the same building who want to kill you, the foregrip gets squeezed quite hard when you don't mean to. That was what my team figured out and most of us ditched the tape for the clicky tail cap.

I also have enormous hands. Yuuuuge.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I am unsure of your experience in the modern era of tape switches(I see your time in Recon), but my experience both stateside and in Iraq is that when you have gloves on and you're slamming into doors and armoires wearing NODs with people in the same building who want to kill you, the foregrip gets squeezed quite hard when you don't mean to. That was what my team figured out and most of us ditched the tape for the clicky tail cap.

I also have enormous hands. Yuuuuge.

This is not an issue as the build in question is a clone rifle and will NEVER be deployed in a defensive/offensive manner. I have a stack of other rifles purpose built for that. The SF light doesn't even have batteries installed. Stating that building a clone in this configuration "is a surefire way to have an ND with that light at the wrong moment" is going a bit far considering the purpose of this build. That being said, should I find that most CQBR's of this era had the tape switch in a different position I might consider changing it out of historical correctness.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by albatrossarmament View Post
    This is not an issue as the build in question is a clone rifle and will NEVER be deployed in a defensive/offensive manner. I have a stack of other rifles purpose built for that. The SF light doesn't even have batteries installed. Stating that building a clone in this configuration "is a surefire way to have an ND with that light at the wrong moment" is going a bit far considering the purpose of this build. That being said, should I find that most CQBR's of this era had the tape switch in a different position I might consider changing it out of historical correctness.
    Hey brother, I'm not insulting your build- there's no way I could have known that your build of a combat firearm modeled after a weapon I carried in combat would never once be used in a defensive manner. I'm a sample size of one, in a Recon platoon of 36- super small. I was just trying to contribute to the thread. It's a beautiful gun, now you just need an EOTech on it!
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast