Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yeah I wouldn’t do 5-25 ATACR on a gas gun

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yeah I wouldn’t do 5-25 ATACR on a gas gun
    Why? Too heavy?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Why? Too heavy?
    Yes. And bulky.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Then what would you use?

I feel that with the current semi autos they can replicate the same thing bolt guns can do. And fill the same roles. So if you only plan to shoot your bt gun from a bench then you can get a semiautomatic that will do the exact same thing.

But it you plan to carry it on an Elk hunt or something then i totally get it.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Not euro, but I’d do the leupold mark5hd if he wants the 5-25x but it’s considerably lighter. The NF is the better scope of course but the mk5 is no slouch.

Then what would you use?

I feel that with the current semi autos they can replicate the same thing bolt guns can do. And fill the same roles. So if you only plan to shoot your bt gun from a bench then you can get a semiautomatic that will do the exact same thing.

I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Not euro, but I’d do the leupold mark5hd if he wants the 5-25x but it’s considerably lighter. The NF is the better scope of course but the mk5 is no slouch.
    That is actually the scope that i am getting for my 6.5 AR i am building.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Then what would you use?

The 4-16 ATACR is perfect for gas guns. I have one on my LMT MWS. Other MWS is a NXS 3-15 which is OK too. But the best is their 4-16. I saw one or two on Sniperhide EE for a great price.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    It’s an amazing optic, I have one on my 6.5 Bergara that replaced a vortex gen 2 razor. For a 308/6.5 gas gun I think the 3-18 mk5 is the perfect match

That is actually the scope that i am getting for my 6.5 AR i am building.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I don’t know much about the Mk5HD, I’ll have to look up the specs, but I built up a light(er) weight chassis bolt gun based on a 6.5CM Tikka CTR Action and topped it with a Bushy LRHSi 4.5-18x. For a rifle that will see a mix of humping around hunting and long range target shooting, it was a pretty good blend of light weight, features, and glass quality in my price point. Just another option.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Bushy has stepped up their game quite a bit. I had two of the first gen of those scopes.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast