Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC URX4 QD cup removal

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

KAC URX4 QD cup removal

Without explaining everything that's happened in the last two years I have found myself in the precarious position of starting over -- basically everything. Short version: False criminal accusations, property taken by ex-wife, divorce, everything sold. Attempting to recover anything has proven fruitless as my firearms, gear, ammo, spare mags, tools, everything, was sold without my ability to retaliate and the judge presiding over the divorce granted my ex-wife defacto everything other than my clothes, truck, and an empty house that I was no longer able to keep up payments on. At this point; however, things are improving and while I've made no headway in recovering anything that was sold (about $30,000 in furniture, firearms, etc) I am at least in a new career that pays well enough for me to start over without too much pain. With that said my first AR is going to be a one-and-done type rifle where no expense is spared.

I have a KAC URX4 10.75" MLOK on order that should be getting delivered next Tuesday, and after that it's getting shipped back out to be anodized DD brown (along with a set of in-the-white forged receivers in FDE.) The QD cups on either side of the handguard cannot be in place when it goes for anodizing though. If anyone has any insight as to how to remove these I'd appreciate it.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Sorry man, I don't. But I've never seen a re-ano job look "good". Consider Cerakote.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    I have a KAC URX4 10.75" MLOK on order that should be getting delivered next Tuesday, and after that it's getting shipped back out to be anodized DD brown (along with a set of in-the-white forged receivers in FDE.) The QD cups on either side of the handguard cannot be in place when it goes for anodizing though. If anyone has any insight as to how to remove these I'd appreciate it.
    I'm pretty sure KAC designed those things to never come out. As Sry0fcr stated, Cerakote may be an easier/cheaper solution.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Sorry man, I don't. But I've never seen a re-ano job look "good". Consider Cerakote.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    That's not my experience, and as far as cost goes the ano job on the receivers and handguard are going to cost about the same as a cerakote job.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The QD cups on either side of the handguard cannot be in place when it goes for anodizing though.
    Why not?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Why not?
    Because the result of anodizing steel is iron oxide. Rust.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    My favorite rifle on Instagram has a re-anodized KAC rail. Owner/photographer: @benchau.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    They come out. They are screwed in from the inside of the handguard. Install a qd sling swivel in one and turn it hard in the clock wise direction and it will break free. Might have to put a little heat to them if they have some sort of thread locker on them. Mine came out with not much effort or heat though.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    That's not my experience, and as far as cost goes the ano job on the receivers and handguard are going to cost about the same as a cerakote job.
    Who is doing the ano if you don't mind me asking?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Whats wrong with a factory SR-15 MOD 2 rifle in the first place?

Stripping and reanodizing is going to open up all the holes (like your MLOK slots) and make things fit loose.
    Last edited by scottryan; 08-29-19 at 14:40.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast