Page 10 of 353 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I got an email last night, before I got out to the media, that our case was negative. He is still really sick, but that isn't what he has.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Oh oh ... confirmed cased in CA.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/third...ern-california

Here's the list in CONUS:

Washington state
    Illinois
    CA
    Uh Oh...sky is starting to fall.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This. It’s just a cold, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Uh Oh...sky is starting to fall.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe I'm a simpleton who can't grasp the situation or maybe I'm just burned out on all this OMG THE SKY IS FALLING every time something makes the news but somehow Im not phased by this and don't really see an issue. This doesn't mean I'm not going to take some precautions but meh....seems like it's the newest wave of news until something else happens and we forget about this and go on with our lives.

Like Hmac, I remember reading the Ebola topic from a few years ago. After reading it you'd swear the end times were upon us and we should be preparing to live in a Mad Max waste land in the near future

Feedback Score
    https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/D...567309681.html

3 cases in Virginia!

Have they determined how long after death the corpses begin reanimating? I need to know how long I have before I bug out to the mountains. Maybe the Greenbriar Resort will be abandoned and I can make it my home. It has an old congressional fallout shelter!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/D...567309681.html

3 cases in Virginia!

Have they determined how long after death the corpses begin reanimating? I need to know how long I have before I bug out to the mountains. Maybe the Greenbriar Resort will be abandoned and I can make it my home. It has an old congressional fallout shelter!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    This. It’s just a cold, guys.
    I don't read tone well on the interwebs, can't tell if this is sarcastic or not...

Truly, it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I don't know that anyone at least in the US is panicking, but if the hospitals and government doesn't do its due diligence with appropriate steps in education, and something really bad happens, all the blame will be late at their feet. As it is now, everyone points to them thinking they are fear-mongering. It's hard to take a middle road.

I am a thousand times more concerned about the flu. In spite of the flu shot, people are getting the flu, and a lot of people are dying from it.

But like every other bug, this deserves its space and due diligence. But not fear-mongering or overplaying.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Maybe I'm a simpleton who can't grasp the situation or maybe I'm just burned out on all this OMG THE SKY IS FALLING every time something makes the news but somehow Im not phased by this and don't really see an issue. This doesn't mean I'm not going to take some precautions but meh....seems like it's the newest wave of news until something else happens and we forget about this and go on with our lives.

Like Hmac, I remember reading the Ebola topic from a few years ago. After reading it you'd swear the end times were upon us and we should be preparing to live in a Mad Max waste land in the near future
    Yes. The internet, including M4C, is a little prone to overreaction.

Obviously, this is more than an ordinary cold virus, but just as obviously, the sky is not falling. The only precautions I’m going to take is to avoid travel to China anytime soon and I’m going to wash my hands real well between patients because I don’t want to catch influenza, which is an infinitely greater threat to my day-to-day routine, health, and well-being than nCoV.

Last edited by Hmac; 01-26-20 at 15:24.

Page 10 of 353 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast