Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: BCM grip screwdriver size for installation screw.

Feedback Score
    SOLGW site is down but this is apparently a new screw design for them.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    SOLGW site is down but this is apparently a new screw design for them.
    I'm just glad that SOLGW was willing to look into the grip screw (much like Magpul) to update it with modern enhancements, even though it seems like many would argue the worth of doing so.

A2 stock screws could certainly benefit from some modernization as well, but not many outside of the "retro" cloning crowd are using A2 stocks anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This might be the dumbest threat in M4carbean history.
    Carb-eye-n
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just to add a little fuel to the fire. The best fitting bits for a replaceable bit screwdriver are the ones made by Brownells or Wheeler that were designed for Leupold or Buehler scope rings. They fit perfectly in Magpul or Colt style screws. Brownells part number is 080-430-430WB. I have no idea if Wheeler sells individual bits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Carb-eye-n
    Said while holding a banjo...

Feedback Score
    McMaster has the mil spec star washer but it says made in Taiwan...how can that be? A mil part number made in Taiwan? MS-35335/NASM 35335
    Because the specification defines how the part is made and what assurances there are to guarantee the quality. They do not specify where it shall be made.

(Most "mil-specs" are actually industry specifications based on older military specifications, adopted by the DoD.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Because the specification defines how the part is made and what assurances there are to guarantee the quality. They do not specify where it shall be made.

(Most "mil-specs" are actually industry specifications based on older military specifications, adopted by the DoD.)
    I hope the military is not dependent on China and Taiwan for their war fighting material.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M90A1 View Post
    Just to add a little fuel to the fire. The best fitting bits for a replaceable bit screwdriver are the ones made by Brownells or Wheeler that were designed for Leupold or Buehler scope rings. They fit perfectly in Magpul or Colt style screws. Brownells part number is 080-430-430WB. I have no idea if Wheeler sells individual bits.
    The Wheeler bit that fits best is 424-466.

Feedback Score
    I hope the military is not dependent on China and Taiwan for their war fighting material.
    A good way to ponder that idea is to simply ask yourself 'What DO we manufacture 100% here in the USA still?'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The Wheeler bit that fits best is 424-466.
    I searched brownells & Wheeler’s website for that part and nothing came up. Do you know who sells that part? Thanks.
    “You can ignore reality, but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”- Ayn Rand

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast