Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: glove love

Feedback Score

glove love

So what are good gloves out there, I'm looking at skd pig or setwear stealth. I work in a warehouse so id like gloves for shooting and warehouse box building, packaging.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Mechanix. The PIGs are good but not very durable and they're too expensive to be as easily disposable as they advertise IMO. Mechanic are almost half the price, same great quality, and more durable. They also just released a thin version to compete with the PIGs, no experience on them though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not dyslexic...but this thread title makes me wish I was.

I'm not sure that the Mechanix glove is as durable as the PIG, but at the end of the day gloves have to be viewed as disposable. A cool thing about the PIG gloves is being able to operate a smart phone without pulling them off. If you're planning on working with them on that may be a consideration...but all gloves definitely wear out and if you shoot a Glock with my grip they wear out quickly regardless of which one you choose.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I'm not dyslexic...but this thread title makes me wish I was.

I'm not sure that the Mechanix glove is as durable as the PIG, but at the end of the day gloves have to be viewed as disposable. A cool thing about the PIG gloves is being able to operate a smart phone without pulling them off. If you're planning on working with them on that may be a consideration...but all gloves definitely wear out and if you shoot a Glock with my grip they wear out quickly regardless of which one you choose.
    I bought two pairs of the PIGs with the extra sew-ins and they were both shredded super fast. And while I have not worn through my PIGs to the point that they need to be tossed, I've gotten minor holes in them much faster than any of my Mechanix. All IME of course.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It has also been my experience that the Mechanix gloves are more durable and cheaper, too. If I am just shooting, I prefer the PIGs.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pigs definitely aren't what I'd call durable. By design though. They're meant to be thin and light, not heavy and durable. I like them.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good. Inexpensive. Glove.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/speedfit-utility-glove.html

I bought a dozen XL pairs at this price and then ordered another six L pairs for the wife and daughters.

I've been satisfied - there fit and wear extremely well for the price.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    I've been using the Hatch Streetguard's at work and like them. Different use's than yours but they fit and have held up well.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Mechanix Vents.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Camelbak seem a bit better than mechanix to me.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast