Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NX8 1-8 Scope

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a BCM 14.5 ELW with a pinned a FOSSA I am seriously considering topping with a NX8 for the sole purpose of the tiny footprint and low weight.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Just received my NX8 in a Scalarworks 1.93" mount. Very nice package under 23 total ounces. It's going on a Triarc 12.5" with an OSS Ti can...good balance, lightweight, manageable overall length...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    The advantage of the NF is the weight/size. Pairing that with an ELW upper seems like a good fit. I've been thinking of the same thing, but keep debating between the NX8 and the Razor ii-e
    Looking forward to the NF NX8 1-8x arriving from Brownells shortly. Need a decent mount for it, thinking about Larue as I have a few of them but also looking at Scalarworks as well.

Feedback Score
    A question for all.......
    Once you have the diopter set, do any of you see a blurry image on the sides around but it’s clear in the middle? Am I doing something wrong?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I had something similar to what you’re describing. Wasn’t full on blurry but there was a noticeable difference between the edges and center of the lens.

I corrected it by completely resetting the diopter. For me, I screwed it all the way in and then backed it out IIRC, 2 turns. From there I started adjusting the diopter until it was set for my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    A question for all.......
    Once you have the diopter set, do any of you see a blurry image on the sides around but it’s clear in the middle? Am I doing something wrong?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I like pretty much anything Larue. I’ve used their mounts for a few years and have never had an issue. Only recently did I go with the Nightforce Unimounts. I don’t plan on removing the optics and moving them around to other rifles so I didn’t need the QD.

I prefer the NF mounts when I don’t need QD and the Larue mounts when I need QD.

Looking forward to the NF NX8 1-8x arriving from Brownells shortly. Need a decent mount for it, thinking about Larue as I have a few of them but also looking at Scalarworks as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I had something similar to what you’re describing. Wasn’t full on blurry but there was a noticeable difference between the edges and center of the lens.

I corrected it by completely resetting the diopter. For me, I screwed it all the way in and then backed it out IIRC, 2 turns. From there I started adjusting the diopter until it was set for my eyes.
    Ok, sounds like I still need to play around with it a bit.

Feedback Score
    I like pretty much anything Larue. I’ve used their mounts for a few years and have never had an issue. Only recently did I go with the Nightforce Unimounts. I don’t plan on removing the optics and moving them around to other rifles so I didn’t need the QD.

I prefer the NF mounts when I don’t need QD and the Larue mounts when I need QD.
    I have the Brownells mount that was free and am using that until the Larue shows up. Just after I ordered the Larue (showing in stock) I got notification that it was back ordered.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I hate that crap! Been there done that...

Here’s an option and it is in stock...

https://www.eurooptic.com/Nightforce...Demo-A496.aspx

Excellent company to deal with. I have one of their demo mounts and it came in a factory sealed package.

I have the Brownells mount that was free and am using that until the Larue shows up. Just after I ordered the Larue (showing in stock) I got notification that it was back ordered.

Feedback Score
    I hate that crap! Been there done that...

Here’s an option and it is in stock...

https://www.eurooptic.com/Nightforce...Demo-A496.aspx

Excellent company to deal with. I have one of their demo mounts and it came in a factory sealed package.
    I may have to switch, maybe I can cancel my order with Larue.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast