Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NFA rules apply for SHTF?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I guarantee you, that if the Branch Davidians had grenade launchers and m249's, the outcome would have looked a lot different. Just saying. I'm not that old but I am clearly starting to understand Michael Douglas's character in the movie Falling Down more and more. Our rights, which were given to us by free men for the government to uphold have not been limited or regulated, they have been trampled on! The principle behind the 2nd Amendment was for government and citizen to be equal. But somehow my ability to go out and purchase a MP7 is illegal. Our government doesn't want us equal to them. Im all for police and all, but not owning shit I cant have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    How could small-arms and ammunition possibly NOT make a difference for people enduring a long term situation; SHTF/WROL/TEOTWAWKI/etc.?

Says who? The breadth and depth of the internet is rife of innumerable scenarios that we wouldn't have the time to even begin to broach here, contingencies abound. Recently I watched an interview on BBC of a thirty something Silicon Valley retiree who cashed out once he learned of some of the tech that is coming down the pipe and will be mainstream in our society in the next ten years. He purchased a private island for himself off the coast of WA and is stockpiling small-arms, ammo, and the related articles. Another gentleman who is a retired SEAL and a published author known to many on this site has read the tea leaves, designed, and built his own yacht that he now lives on to avoid the inevitable unpleasantries here in this country. There is literal information overload out there of people and contingencies.

The reason we had ammo shortages is because of a radical leftist infiltrator in the highest office in the land who pushed the disarmament agenda. His AG's Fast & Furious gun running scheme was not "conspiracy mongering". I guess you don't call the sanctions on imported Russian 7N6 and the attempt to ban domestically manufactured and imported M855 actual threats on ammo. The Democrats and a revised AWB and other anti-2nd Amendment legislation waiting in the wings which included taxing and regulating the sell and accumulation of ammo.

Do you own semi-automatic small arms?

If so is it just a "hobby" since you don't seem to see the rational use of firearms in self-defense roles? Or perhaps you do own firearms for self-defense but consider discussing firearm use post some collapse to be ridiculous. Then the question that begs to be asked is why you choose to participate in a Disaster, Preparation, and Planning sub-forum on a firearm centric forum with a name sake like M4C?
    I'm sorry, I missed your post.

What I said was, how are A LOT OF arms and ammo going to factor into long term survival. And I said that because I had pointed out that normal people don't have fortresses, security staff, islands or yachts where they can make a conspicuous stand against the hoards of also armed people trying to take the food you are obviously guarding.

Similarly, what sort target is a fancy rifle, two pistols, 30 magazines and four carbine courses going to allow you to attack and keep?

Your answer is to list the sort of paranoia that would cause people to stock up a huge stock of guns, not how they are going to employ them to get anything done.

Me? I have rifles and pistols. And if things are bad a pistol will be concealed on me and the rifles hidden nearby. But I have no illusions that I can make a house safe against even a handful of attackers. The only thing that is going to work is having a friendly relationship with my neighbors and not be conspicuous about what I have for supplies or weapons - because that stuff just makes you a target.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post

What I said was, how are A LOT OF arms and ammo going to factor into long term survival.
    I see what you are saying: Having a island with a fortress is a great idea back in the 1800's. But now the US Navy and USCG could fire there 5" deck guns from miles away with precision accuracy. Hell, they could fly Predators remotely over your island and drop 2000lb JDAMS down your chimney. Or they could fire a Hellfire missile at your yacht that is cruising at a steady 12 knots. Timothy McVeigh had the right idea, a simple Ryder truck, nitrogen based fertilizer and nitro methane in individual blue plastic barrels. I don't agree with his methods nor do I approve his actions but when push comes to shove and tit for tat, Oklahoma City bombing was payback for Waco.
    Last edited by elephant; 12-15-18 at 02:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I see what you are saying: Having a island with a fortress is a great idea back in the 1800's. But now the US Navy and USCG could fire there 5" deck guns from miles away with precision accuracy. Hell, they could fly Predators remotely over your island and drop 2000lb JDAMS down your chimney. Or they could fire a Hellfire missile at your yacht that is cruising at a steady 12 knots. Timothy McVeigh had the right idea, a simple Ryder truck, nitrogen based fertilizer and nitro methane in individual blue plastic barrels. I don't agree with his methods nor do I approve his actions but when push comes to shove and tit for tat, Oklahoma City bombing was a pretty decent payback for Waco.
    What does blowing up children have to do with survival?

(This forum really has an infection.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I don't agree with his methods nor do I approve his actions but when push comes to shove and tit for tat, Oklahoma City bombing was a pretty decent payback for Waco.
    That was one of the sickest things I've read on the net. We're done.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    That was one of the sickest things I've read on the net. We're done.
    I worded that wrong and somehow I'm missing a whole paragraph, but anyway, I don't think blowing up the federal building was a good thing nor do I approve of it. I think Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist none the less. What he did was wrong. I worded it wrong and anyone could take it the wrong way, so I fixed it. I was basically saying that it doesn't matter to what extent a person goes to in regards to preparation/survival etc. That even someone like McVeigh, got caught within a couple of hours. The 19, 9/11 hijackers were all identified within the end of the day. I look at the Bundy Ranch situation and think it was a miracle the feds backed down but of coarse, the media on Bundy's side.

I think its counter productive to just concentrate on owning guns and ammo or building bunkers or buying private islands etc. And anyone who thinks they can make a statement by doing something like McVeigh is stupid to think that it will make a statement or prove some point. Just like 9/11, we have all moved past it, yet we are still conducting drone strikes in East Africa, Yemen and the gulf states using 9/11 as justification.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    Because those are the legal and historical facts. Why do you believe otherwise? Because it said so on your NRA renewal?
    One right is unlimited.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Feedback Score
    One right is unlimited.
    I guess I haven't repeated that to myself enough for auto-hypnosis to occur.

Any references I can read?

Feedback Score
    The right not to incriminate yourself is unlimited. It was originally written to prevent torture, but has changed to include testimony.

Under some circumstances, you can give it up, but as long as you don't give it up, there are no limits on it.

We might hang you, but you won't have to help us do it with your testimony.
    Last edited by Jammer Six; 12-15-18 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    The right not to incriminate yourself is unlimited. It was originally written to prevent torture, but has changed to include testimony.

Under some circumstances, you can give it up, but as long as you don't give it up, there are no limits on it.

We might hang you, but you won't have to help us do it with your testimony.
    This being a gun forum, I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Excellent example, sir.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast