Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    I've owned a Shield 45 and a SIG P365. I like both (have read that the Shield 45 trigger is much better than the 9, but no personal experience). The P365 has better sights, a very good trigger, and greater capacity (you can now even get a 15 round magazine) than the Shield 9. Both have hard to load magazines-stiff springs-when new. Both were very reliable and accurate for me; the P365 has nearly 2200 rounds through it and the Shield 45 had about 1600 through it before I sold it (after buying the SIG). We all have different grips and presentations, but the SIG points more naturally for me. They both carry well, but the SIG feels much smaller when carried. For the down side, the SIG is more expensive (the best price I've seen recently is about $470) and the magazines a pricy at about $35 or more.

Feedback Score
    Concur that SIG is uncommon proud of their magazines, but remember it took years before $20 Glock mags were availabe. Now that the P365s are down in the $30 range, it's not too much a burden.
    The price on the pistols is coming down as well, tho' I've not seen anything cheaper than the $499 that is now common in these parts.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have owned a few Shields and I was very impressed. They are super reliable and, honestly, are about as small a semi-auto as I can still enjoy shooting. I had a G43 for a while and it was too small. Sig has had a TON of teething problems across their model lines for a long time now. But then again, the Shield had some teething issues too. I would trust the Shield, but am also very intrigued by the Sig.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the shield and love it. It has never had any issues, maybe 400 rounds which is not a lot. But multiple kinds of ammo, I carry with extended mags, it makes it more comfortable to shoot and still very easy to conceal. Ive felt no need to buy the 365. Both are probably good enough to satisfy you.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have the shield and love it. It has never had any issues, maybe 400 rounds which is not a lot. But multiple kinds of ammo, I carry with extended mags, it makes it more comfortable to shoot and still very easy to conceal. Ive felt no need to buy the 365. Both are probably good enough to satisfy you. PB
    Even though my primary is a P320C, I still have my 2 gen1 Shields as they fit my hand very well. They mostly serve as house guns and live in different rooms.

Feedback Score
    I do not have a P365 but do have a G43 and a Shield v2.0 9mm. I prefer and shoot the Shield better than my G43. Although I am a very big fan of the older SiG Sauer pistols, the current leadership has lost my trust.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I do not have a P365 but do have a G43 and a Shield v2.0 9mm. I prefer and shoot the Shield better than my G43. Although I am a very big fan of the older SiG Sauer pistols, the current leadership has lost my trust.
    Shield 1.0 or 2.0? 2.0 prices are coming down. I'm wondering if i should spring the extra $60-80 for a 2.0 or just go with the 1.0.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Shield 1.0 or 2.0? 2.0 prices are coming down. I'm wondering if i should spring the extra $60-80 for a 2.0 or just go with the 1.0.
    For me the v1.0 that I tried in the past was slick as a baby's butt, plus the trigger was bad IMHO. The v2.0 has great texture and mine has a nice trigger. Plus I got the version with factory night sights which work well for me. I have the Trijicon HD on my G43 and the rear of the rear sight is very sharp.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    I have the Trijicon HD on my G43 and the rear of the rear sight is very sharp.
    I’ve found the Ameriglo Agents to be superior to the HDs, at least in part due to the swoopy sharpness at the rear of the HDs. Worth trying out the Agents, if you can.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve found the Ameriglo Agents to be superior to the HDs, at least in part due to the swoopy sharpness at the rear of the HDs. Worth trying out the Agents, if you can.
    I also prefer Agents to HDs. I've been using HDs since they were first released and the newer ones are definitely sharper (rear sight) than the older ones. In fact the ones on my 43 were so bad I had to dehorn them. Since getting my Gen5 19 with Agent's, I'm sold on Ameriglo and won't be spending any more money on HDs.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast