Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF proposed rule change. Time to comment. UPDATE in OP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

ATF proposed rule change. Time to comment. UPDATE in OP.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...ceiver/summary

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...submit-comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIqG-c03QTE

They dropped this yesterday. Time to submit comments and phone your congress critters to let them know the ATF is wanting to make felons out of us, and make up new laws that is congress' job.

From what I gather, even upper revievers and slides will need to be serialized and must go through a 4473. With this rule change, they could in the future start making individual parts be done the same way.

5-21-2021 update: the comment period is open. Watch video and comment from the description.

https://youtu.be/-WpCoqPoi28
    Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 05-21-21 at 11:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was just about to post this. Can’t believe it took this long to pop up on here.

MrGunsNGear has a good breakdown as always.
    Last edited by Alex V; 05-08-21 at 09:47.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Am I reading the proposal correctly that all PMFs have to be serialized? Yet only licensed manufacturers can serialize firearms? So I’d have to be a Type 07 FFL or Class 02 SOT to make my own firearm?
    LOL. This rule making proposal is racist… it financially seeks to restrict who can make their own firearms and this will mostly impact minorities.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Unlike the comment period for the proposed M855 ban, or their prior “reconnaissance by fire” with the pistol braces, ATF is now acting on a specific order from their masters to achieve an objective. I think this comment period is going to be merely a formality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is just malicious. I can....kinda.....see their point on 80% lowers but will also vociferously argue that anybody willing to take the time to mill their own lower to do wrong will not be deterred even if they were illegal or controlled.

Going after uppers and parts goes against the end users Right to Repair. Let’s say I have a kaboom and my upper dies. Why then should I go through an FFL to fix my own property?

This is a gross overstep and doesn’t stand up on Constitutionality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is a gross overstep and doesn’t stand up on Constitutionality.

U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Unlike the comment period for the proposed M855 ban, or their prior “reconnaissance by fire” with the pistol braces, ATF is now acting on a specific order from their masters to achieve an objective. I think this comment period is going to be merely a formality.
    This^^^

Those suffering under the delusion that we are still a Representative Republic need to wake up and smell the coffee, commies are in charge and need us unarmed.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Send Atheists and Bachelors is all I can say.

I’m not getting the vax, not turning in or registering anything, I just want to be left alone.

Quote the Buddha, “Don’t start nothing, won’t be nothing”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Yep. Exactly what I was thinking. Congress critters are not working for us anymore.

Feedback Score
    Infinite record retention is de facto registration.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast