Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GEISELLE SUPER 42 BRAIDED WIRE, Rifle sized

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

GEISELLE SUPER 42 BRAIDED WIRE, Rifle sized

One of our shooting Buddys had an extra one of these G 42 braided springs laying around and I asked him about it. Said whats the deal bla bla bla? He said it was supposed to make the "Boing" go out of the rifle gassed AR's and that weird recoil impulse you get with a 20 inch rifle AR and improve reliability and longevity.

The gun was already reliable but maybe it would improve if the gun was very dirty or I ran shitty ammo. But the felt recoil impulse was completely different, it felt better, faster and no weird noises coming from buttstock. That never really bothered me but I have to admit I really liked the new and improved impulse and complete elimination of weird noises. Big improvement for a mostly nice but not necessary product.

If your 20 inch rifle gun bugs you with its impulse and weird noise, these springs are GTG and they probably do more that I discovered on one outing. I was impressed.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Oh so now the stock rifle/A5 feels bad and isn’t reliable enough? Ha. And it ‘sOuNdS wEiRd’.

Lofl.
    Last edited by 17K; 04-18-21 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Oh so now the stock rifle/A5 feels bad and isn’t reliable enough? Ha. And it ‘sOuNdS wEiRd’.

Lofl.
    Let me quote myself " Big improvement for a mostly nice but not necessary product".

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So you made it cycle faster with a stiffer spring. But the whole draw of the rifle/A5 is better feel/reliability because it cycles slower. But cycling faster is better as long as it’s it’s a super spring and not a crummy regular spring?

Got it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Have you shot a rifle with one of these?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The noise isn't an issue, not sure what it purportedly fixes. The carbine version has a higher spring rate, the rifle version likely does as well, it caused my heretofore reliable test gun to fail to lock back after the last round, and made the take down pin impossible to push in/pull out without a tool. My theory is the spring pushed the BCG and in turn, the upper forward.

Went back to the original configuration, then to A5, never experienced anything like it since. Mess with the harmony of the system, expect weird results. I have developed a great deal of respect for the original 50s and later, 80s A2 designs, not everything needs to be changed.
    Last edited by Duffy; 04-18-21 at 18:00.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    So you made it cycle faster with a stiffer spring. But the whole draw of the rifle/A5 is better feel/reliability because it cycles slower. But cycling faster is better as long as it’s it’s a super spring and not a crummy regular spring?

Got it.
    Hey 17 lost in space. Show where I said anything about an A5. I run A5's in all my carbines. I was just testing a spring a buddy gave me in a 20 inch rifle with regular rifle spring and I liked it. If you don't, fine don't run try it.

No reason to be butt hurt because someone likes something you may or may not like. It's nice not necessary. The sun will come up tomorrow if you don't run one. I promise.

PB

Feedback Score
    I put a super 42 on a build with a faxon 14.5” mid length barrel and it wouldn’t reliably cycle .223,only wanted to cycle 5.56,put a regular carbine spring and h buffer back in it and it ran fine.i guess it only suited to over gassed applications? Your mileage may vary.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Hey 17 lost in space. Show where I said anything about an A5. I run A5's in all my carbines. I was just testing a spring a buddy gave me in a 20 inch rifle with regular rifle spring and I liked it. If you don't, fine don't run try it.

No reason to be butt hurt because someone likes something you may or may not like. It's nice not necessary. The sun will come up tomorrow if you don't run one. I promise.

PB

It’s not a case of not liking what you like.

It’s a case of you shot a few rounds through a gun with a different spring and all of a sudden it’s supposed to fix all the now supposed issues with the rifle spring when all that spring does is move away from what makes the rifle spring better.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting. I find the 20" rifle the most pleasant to shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast