Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Stanley McChrystal showing his true colors... again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Gen Stanley McChrystal showing his true colors... again.

McChrystal is showing his true colors again. First he launches a witch hunt against retired guys writing books and speaking to the media about open source information just before doing the same thing himself and now this...

By KEVIN ROBILLARD | 1/8/13 7:58 AM EST
    Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal backed banning assault weapons on Tuesday, saying guns like the M4 and M16 belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets.

”I spent a career carrying typically either a M16 and later, a M4 carbine,” McChrystal said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “And a M4 carbine fires a .223 caliber round, which is 5.56 millimeters, at about 3,000 feet per second. When it hits a human body, the effects are devastating. It’s designed to do that. That’s what our soldiers ought to carry.”

Continue Reading

He added, “I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America. I believe that we’ve got to take a serious look — I understand everybody’s desire to have whatever they want — we have to protect our children and our police and we have to protect our population. And I think we have to take a very mature look at that.”

McChrystal, who resigned as the top commander in Afghanistan after a Rolling Stone article portrayed him criticizing President Barack Obama, was promoting his memoir, “My Share of the Task.”

Obama is preparing to introduce legislation aiming to prevent mass shootings by the end of the month. Vice President Joe Biden is leading a task force on the issue and is reportedly considering a ban on assault weapons.

“I think we have to look at this legislation,” McChrystal said. “The number of people killed by firearms is extraordinary compared to other nations. I don’t think we’re a bloodthirsty culture, and we need to look at everything we can do to safeguard our people.”

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Uhhh... well that sucks. Guess thats all I have to say about that.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    I was in RC South commanding an ETT, outside the wire every day when McChrystal changed the ROE, the ROE was so artificial it didn’t just apply it didn’t even make sense. Both McChrystal and Petraeus have said that it was better to stay in command and work for the Soldiers than it was to fight the WH, yeah right, how’d that work out for them?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    **** him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Uhhh... well that sucks. Guess thats all I have to say about that.

Yeah, not much else to say.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Remember our senior leaders were ok with disarming the populations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    But I thought we could count on the LEO/MIL personnel to stand on our side???

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    He did vote for Obama.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    Remember our senior leaders were ok with disarming the populations of Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Exactly. American policy is to spread "voting" and "free trade" by disarming households. We are not in the business of spreading the ideas of a Constitution along with a Bill of Rights. We are all for national liberty but not individual liberty overseas.

It is sad to see a general who has spent his entire career in the armed forces has such poor understanding of the Bill of Rights.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post

It is interesting how so many people who consider themselves conservative, and are in favor of small govt, have no problem exporting big govt all over the globe.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast