Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: MAC's VP9 test.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I share the reliability concerns until I see the mag. HK’s conservative approach has been a key to their reputation for reliability. HK mags were always designed to seat without drama on a full magazine. No downloading necessary, etc. hopefully they extended the tube or baseplate and didn’t just cut a coil or hack the baseplate
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken1973 View Post
    Excited to grab one of these. Been running a VP9 for a long time so maybe I'm just excited to buy another pistol haha. Happy for the mag capacity increase as well.

According to their press release all 2020 VP9's will have the optic cut?
    So far, all I can see are the standard VP9's as having the optic cut. They might release others later, who knows.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    So far, all I can see are the standard VP9's as having the optic cut. They might release others later, who knows.
    No doubt dependent on how well the Vp9 version sells and I suspect they will sell very well.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I share the reliability concerns until I see the mag. HK’s conservative approach has been a key to their reputation for reliability. HK mags were always designed to seat without drama on a full magazine. No downloading necessary, etc. hopefully they extended the tube or baseplate and didn’t just cut a coil or hack the baseplate
    Just the internals are reworked.

The follower in the existing mags are oversized. Look at your existing 15's and see where the last bullet sits versus the bottom of the mag - lots of room compared to a G19 mag. There is room for it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    RTG has factory 20rd mags for 44.00.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    The 17-round P30/VP9 magazines may be less reliable than the 15-round P30/VP9 magazines, but I cannot imagine that 17-round P30/VP9 magazines would be any less reliable than 17-round Glock 17 magazines.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I shoot/train/compete with factory 15 rounders coupled with HKParts.net +4 baseplates for a total of 19 rounds and they have been pretty reliable. I like this combo a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    The 17-round P30/VP9 magazines may be less reliable than the 15-round P30/VP9 magazines, but I cannot imagine that 17-round P30/VP9 magazines would be any less reliable than 17-round Glock 17 magazines.
    Bingo. My thoughts as well.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    That's how i viewed it also.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had an earlier model VP9 purchased in 2015. The pistol was accurate and easy to shoot well mostly due to the above average trigger for a striker fired. In the 500 or so rounds I put through it I never had an issue with reliability. My main issue with the type is detail stripping. I have experience maintaining everything from an M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon to M9/M11 pistols and the VP9 was a pain in the ass (at least for me). I always detail strip my weapons for familiarity and servicing either for a breakage or periodic maintenance. I do not think having the trigger bar spring exposed in the mag well is the best design. If you’re dropping mags during training the possibility for debris interfering with the spring is there. The open slide plate also introduces the possibility for debris. How many of you VP9 owners have attempted detail stripping your pistol?

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast