Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johnny's Reloading Bench temperature sensitivity testing

Feedback Score
    I did mine years ago. Couldn’t imagine running it in factory configuration. A friend of mine used mine and then bought one. He thought his was broken when compared to a programmed unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    When I single state load, I charge and seat a bullet at the same time so the wait isn’t bad with a chargemaster but the drift and over throws bug me. I can start a session and it will be spot on. By the end there will be so much drift I’m certain I’ll float out of the node.
    Wipe the chargemaster down with an anti-static dryer sheet. I was having problems with it starting spot on and then drifting/overcharging. Called RCBS customer service. That's their recommendation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Mark,

Try this setup. I rarely ever have overthrows, maybe one in 500 rounds.

I use these settings and the straw on mine.

Credit to -Primal Rights-
    [I]1. Turn the unit on.
    2. When 0.0gn is on the display, press BOTH the ENTER and the EDIT MEM keys...

Is the ChargeMaster Lite programmable the same way?

(I don't have one, but I'm looking at the manual, and it doesn't mention programming.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Is the ChargeMaster Lite programmable the same way?

(I don't have one, but I'm looking at the manual, and it doesn't mention programming.)
    No clue. I don't own one either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    Wipe the chargemaster down with an anti-static dryer sheet. I was having problems with it starting spot on and then drifting/overcharging. Called RCBS customer service. That's their recommendation.
    I do that periodically. RCBS told me try it back when I first got it ten years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    On the Chargemaster,, make sure you use the plastic cover when despensing and weighing. Those load cells are very sensitive and even a slight breeze (that you cannot feel) or your breathing can affect it.
    Seen way too many vids about people complaining about the drift and they are not using the cover.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    On the Chargemaster,, make sure you use the plastic cover when despensing and weighing. Those load cells are very sensitive and even a slight breeze (that you cannot feel) or your breathing can affect it.
    Seen way too many vids about people complaining about the drift and they are not using the cover.
    You should see the scale that comes with the Auto trickler deal. Makes the chargemaster scale look like kids' stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've not seen too much drift on my chargmaster. However, the overthrows drive me effing nuts. I have the MacDonalds straw in there which helps, but it's still annoying.
    What is the “McDonald’s straw” that you are talking about? I bought an RCBS Charge master lite and it seems very accurate. Only used it for a short time though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    What is the “McDonald’s straw” that you are talking about? I bought an RCBS Charge master lite and it seems very accurate. Only used it for a short time though.
    The McDonalds straw deal is where you cut a piece of McDonalds straw and slide it into the output tube. It smooths the flow rate of powder kernels. Less clumping at the mouth of the output tube. The chargemaster can't see that there's a big pile of kernals ready to drop when it's nudging the load up to weight. I'll some flick the output tube if I can see that it's getting ready to Eff me with an over dump.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    What is the “McDonald’s straw” that you are talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The McDonalds straw deal is where you cut a piece of McDonalds straw and slide it into the output tube. It smooths the flow rate of powder kernels...

WAG here, but I thought I read somewhere that RCBS had fixed the design of the output tube with the (newer) "Lite" and the McDonalds straw was no longer necessary...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast