Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best assault rifle upper?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    Can I get that one at Ace Hardware?
    No sir. There are only two super duper top tier AR manufacturers, I’m told. If they run out, people may be forced to take a Dremel or file and cut the flat slot in the hex screw themselves. Oh the horror.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I understand that, because they are trying to reach the biggest audience. I just think we are a much more concentrated version of said audience, I don't always go out and seek the big name trainers as well, I try to seek those that have an experience or capability I am looking for, which can get lost in the facebook messaging because it is so broad.
    The worst part about discussions on FB is the inability to track them. The “save for later” button doesn’t work how you’d think it would (not like bookmarking). And the incessant algorithm-ing of everything is beyond annoying.

Hell, I’d be happy if click “show all comments” actually did it!

Sent from inner space

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Looking to put an upper on my new assault rifle and wondering if the market has come out with any doozies in the last 5~ years?

Specifically the barrel, but wondering if there are other considerations such as gas port size. I’m assuming any quality CL CMV barreled upper would suit but figured I’d ask.

Ranges would be moderate at best but muzzle control and reliability are paramount.
    Tip-to-butt
    1. Sf muzzle break for max accuracy in FA mode
    2. SS barrel for full accuracy points
    3. Std handguards cause retro is in and FF has no real world benefit
    4. Vltor upper , +6 accuracy
    5. NiB bcg because bling>performance
    6. A2 carry handle with scope. #retro and it gets you "heads up" height which is rad, and new... (ignor the fact its not)
    7. Red charging handle. Make doesnt matter, no need to aktually use it... you just need to symbolize the slain, past and future.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-03-22 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Euro is off his meds again.
    I don't know he is on my ignore list...LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I remember in the 70's and 80's when it was cool to call AR's and HK's assault rifles...then the left screwed everything up.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I think what people are missing here is he may in fact be looking for an upper for a select fire lower. I know he’s got nfa stuff. So why not a M16?

That’s my wager on his wording, and the response he has gotten was also what he was looking for on a troll level. I’m sure he’s in the market for an upper too though
    I’d take that wager. If he were looking for advice on an upper why would he ask here where folks would spend 2 weeks and 500 posts discussing optimal barrel length and gas port size.

And now apparently grip screws.

Besides it’s either he hasn’t trolled lately or gotten banned lately. You can usually tell which by how flammable his post is. This one was definitely a troll fix. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    No sir. There are only two super duper top tier AR manufacturers, I’m told. If they run out, people may be forced to take a Dremel or file and cut the flat slot in the hex screw themselves. Oh the horror.
    2 top tier AR manufacturers?

You must mean BCM and BCM.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Tip-to-butt
    1. Sf muzzle break for max accuracy in FA mode
    2. SS barrel for full accuracy points
    3. Std handguards cause retro is in and FF has no real world benefit
    4. Vltor upper , +6 accuracy
    5. NiB bcg because bling>performance
    6. A2 carry handle with scope. #retro and it gets you "heads up" height which is rad, and new... (ignor the fact its not)
    7. Red charging handle. Make doesnt matter, no need to aktually use it... you just need to symbolize the slain, past and future.
    What’s the gas port size on that SS barrel? We looking at optimized for suppressed shooting? Optimized for unsuppressed? Optimized for both with an adjustable GB (they never break except when they do) Optimized to reduce kick or muzzle rise? Optimized for the C-Clamp grip with elbow in full retard mode?

You gotta be specific!!

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The subtlety of the flex is subtle...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I’d take that wager. If he were looking for advice on an upper why would he ask here where folks would spend 2 weeks and 500 posts discussing optimal barrel length and gas port size.

And now apparently grip screws.

Besides it’s either he hasn’t trolled lately or gotten banned lately. You can usually tell which by how flammable his post is. This one was definitely a troll fix. :-)

Feedback Score
    I just checked all my grip screws and two of them are hex key. Will my grip fall off????? How can I tell if they are Colt grip screws? I hear those are the only ones you can fully trust. Also, should I stake my nuts?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast