Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Made Glocks GTG?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

US Made Glocks GTG?

Recently shot a friends current 2019 production G19.3 made in the USA and it is one of the best shooting stock Glocks I have shot. The trigger is amazingly clean with no grit and a light crisp break. What have all your experiences been with the USA Glocks? Is this just the norm for the newer production gen 3 pistols?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I probably have two dozen Glock 19s. I stopped counting after 15. All Gens 2-5, some US made and most Austrian made, FDE, BF green, black.

I can tell you the newer ones are nicer than the older ones, any 6 digit serial number Gen4 is gonna have BTF, and the Gen5 is the best handgun ever made...

But I have never noticed a difference in country of origin.

Do you live in California? Odd that someone would have a recent production Gen3 19 otherwise unless you collect them.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-15-19 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I probably have two dozen Glock 19s. I stopped counting after 15. All Gens 2-5, some US made and most Austrian made, FDE, BF green, black.

I can tell you the newer ones are nicer than the older ones, any 6 digit serial number Gen4 is gonna have BTF, and the Gen5 is the best handgun ever made...

Do you live in California? Odd that someone would have a recent production Gen3 19 otherwise unless you collect them.
    It is a Kali Compliant Glock. GT Distributors sells them. Currently OOS
    https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/...15rd-mags.html
    In Stock
    https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/...17rd-mags.html
    OOS
    https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/...-civilian.html

They also offer Gen 3 Blue Label guns
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OMFG YES!

They are made exact same way. HK 41x rifles are American in the sense that some pregnant German girl flying to America to drop a puppy’s baby is “American”.

German stuff “finished” here. But that’s HK.

I wouldn’t even care.

Per BTF. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened just not to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Never lived in or will live in California. I have a few gen 5 guns and I do appreciate most of the changes theyÂ’ve made. Having said that I still run my gen 3 pistols for work and carry as do most of my coworkers. The gen 2/3 IMO have the best triggers for the way I shoot, I appreciate having a defined wall and crisp predictable break, especially for making longer distance precision shots vs the more rolling type of break of the gen 5. I hate the finger grooves but after I remove them texture the grip and add a grip force adapter the gen 3 is my preferred gen.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    It is a Kali Compliant Glock.
    CA does not allow US made guns, only the original Austrian made Gen3 models.

Extremely stupid, but because they’re not *EXACTLY* the same as the original models tested and approved, they’re not allowed for non-LE new dealer sales.

Beyond stupid.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I just picked up a gen 5 mos 19 and it throws brass better than any other Glock I have owned

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Per BTF. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened just not to me.
    Funny, we never had issues with the vast majority of our students, either. If they were bouncing spent cases off their face/bill of cap it was because of issues in fundamentals that we were generally able to correct.

I didn't know it was a thing until I read about it on the internet. I can imagine the convo between the Glock engineers - 'Hans, Gott im Himmel, what are we going to do so those limp-wristed Americans won't have BTF'

Assuming it does exist, I wonder if the reason we didn't have troubles was because we shot 147gr spec'ed to Federal HydroShock, and most recently, 124gr.

My load for GSSF is so light brass just dribbles out of my 19X, still functions every time, though.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-15-19 at 14:54.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Funny, we never had issues with the vast majority of our students, either. If they were bouncing spent cases off their face/bill of cap it was because of issues in fundamentals that we were generally able to correct.

I didn't know it was a thing until I read about it on the internet. I can imagine the convo between the Glock engineers - 'Hans, Gott im Himmel, what are we going to do so those limp-wristed Americans won't have BTF'

Assuming it does exist, I wonder if the reason we didn't have troubles was because we shot 147gr spec'ed to Federal HydroShock, and most recently, 124gr.

My load for GSSF is so light brass just dribbles out of my 19X, still functions every time, though.
    I thought it was voodoo too, but I have a first year Gen4 SN SARxxx and you can shoot whichever ammo you wish through it. I’ll watch the brass bounce off your face and ask you what’s wrong with your fundamentals.

Then I will hand you a dozen other bone stock G19s and claim your fundamentals have been fixed.

This was never an issue before the Gen4 release and it isn’t an issue with Gen5s. It’s not like people just forgot how to hold a Glock from 2010-2018.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 10-15-19 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I thought it was voodoo too, but I have a first year Gen4 SN SARxxx and you can shoot whichever ammo you wish through it. I’ll watch the brass bounce off your face and ask you what’s wrong with your fundamentals.

Then I will hand you a dozen other bone stock G19s and claim your fundamentals have been fixed.

This was never an issue before the Gen4 release and it isn’t an issue with Gen5s. It’s not like people just started forgot to hold a Glock from 2010-2018.
    NOW THAT IS FUNNY...kinda like, Look that up in your Funk n Wagnal
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast