Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK318 Mod 1

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not bad. The M193 gives a good baseline.... and a reason to NEVER shoot M193.
    Last edited by markm; 08-29-18 at 15:51.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not bad. The M193 gives a good baseline.... and a reason to NEVER shoot M193.
    At least it’s better than M855 haha! I remember back when that’s all I could find around here.

I just picked up another 200 rounds of the Mod 1. Maybe more next weekend during their Labor Day sale. Mainly because I don’t see any seconds or first run anywhere on the market right now, and I feel it shoots pretty decent out of my SBR. POI is closer to what this rifle is zeroed for than Razor Core, MK262, and FBIT3 which all seem to shoot 5” low and left. I’ll break some down and measure the charge, hopefully compare it to first run ammo at some point. I’ll also try to get some rounds on paper with a 16 or 18” gun with magnified optic. I feel I shot pretty well yesterday but my contacts mess with the 2 MOA dot on the T2 if I’m trying to shoot precision when it’s really bright. I need to chrono as well, I’ll keep the thread posted.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    At least it’s better than M855 haha! I remember back when that’s all I could find around here.
    Pappabear and I did a pm shoot a month or so back, and I brought a stripper clip of M196 tracer. We shot that stuff at 500 yards, and it was crazy how inaccurate those bullets are. They were curving into the wind and everything.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Pappabear and I did a pm shoot a month or so back, and I brought a stripper clip of M196 tracer. We shot that stuff at 500 yards, and it was crazy how inaccurate those bullets are. They were curving into the wind and everything.
    Curving INTO the wind?? Now that’s a new one! I don’t think I’ve ever even seen the M196. I believe I still have M856 loaded in 20 rounds mags tucked away somewhere in my ammo colllection for kicks. Probably been 15 years since I’ve touched it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    Curving INTO the wind??
    Yeah. I was watching it in the ACOG. It's impressive to watch bad bullets trace. I think I only got 4 out of 10 on the steel at 500... and it's a pretty big target (IPSC size)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12