Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    Agree with above!

The "P" variant w/RD is the tits!! Super easy to get hits at distance consistently, but I'm partial to my C2/RMR smokepole.

Gaijin's 4" Ported Staccato is even better!.........Super Tits!!
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Anybody can argue the validity of a Glock. But shooting a Stacatto may change that. The only argument against Stacatto is $$$.

So if you don’t have the money, a Glock works all day long. But if you have the money well……
    YMMV.

PB

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Anybody can argue the validity of a Glock. But shooting a Stacatto may change that. The only argument against Stacatto is $$$.

So if you don’t have the money, a Glock works all day long. But if you have the money well……
    YMMV.

PB
    This is why I’m trying to avoid shooting a Stacatto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

YMMV.

PB
    I'd take a HK VP9 all day over any Glock, so if not using top of the line double stack 1911 based 9mm's, I don't see Glock as a default. Actually, S&W M&P with Apex trigger kit and external safety, is another. I'm not a Glack guy myself.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    This is why I’m trying to avoid shooting a Stacatto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    What ever you do, don't go near a Wilson SFT9. It's another level.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Coming back to the topic of magazine over insertion and ejector damage, I’m still impressed that Glock had the foresight to put an over insertion stop in their magazine design such that all longer length magazines can be safer used in their pistols.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What ever you do, don't go near a Wilson SFT9. It's another level.
    I'm itching for an EDCX9...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I'm itching for an EDCX9...
    I didn't like the ergos on the EDCX9. I much prefer the SFT9/SXf9 personally. The SFT9/SXf9 are almost as thin as a single stack .45 1911, which to my medium size hands is preference. Maybe larger hands like like the EDC. I was all hot for the EDC when it came out, but once I had one in my hand, I knew it was for me.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Regarding mags--just stuff I've gleaned from reading various threads and forums--is that Staccato is on revision 3.2 or so of the 2011 magazine.

The original STI mags were kind of a known failure point in that they were essentially hand-fitted to the gun. USPSA shooters often had to massage feed lips, shave followers, replace springs to get maximum reliability. Granted they were also seeking maximum mag capacity. Still, mags could require almost constant maintenance. The other issue is that the mag tube was built to work with 45 Auto and 38 Super. 9mm was not really a thing in 1911 or 2011 guns 30 years ago when the STI was coming to market.

Staccato worked to identify tolerances and improve manufacturing techniques with the goal of producing 9mm mags that were reliable out of the box. Mostly they seem to have gotten it right but not all mags and guns have been reliable. Hence the production changes and gen 3 mags. And it sounds like the gen 3 has been slightly tweaked as production continues.

With the above in mind, Staccato now has the CS model which apparently uses a new magazine format that's designed to be a 9mm 2011 from the jump. Speculation now is that this new CS format will become its own standard in the Staccato pistol line and will eventually replace the legacy STI format mag entirely. Is this true or just Internet rumor? If true the next question is will these new mags work in existing 2011 guns? If not that's a bunch of department and personal purchase LE customers who will likely be turned off to the whole platform....

Maybe we'll have some updates here in a couple weeks from SHOT.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Tok, it will be interesting to see what comes out of shot, especially for me and the Stacatto line. They need to make their line-up more identifiable. Every time I'm in my LGS, I see some model that looks like an offshoot of their lineup. Especially their guns with comps on them. I suppose they are trying to make their line up a bit customizable, but also very confusing. And when you follow the make a gun for every customers desires, reliability suffers. I am not saying they have done this, it is a concern though seeing the P Duo/DPO with SS barrel or a threaded barrel or now it has a comp on it.....

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-01-23 at 13:56.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast