Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Neat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uh huh
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Wearing a mask does not make me feel any safer because wearing a mask, unless a properly fitted N95 and the like, are not worn for protecting the individual, it’s to limit the spread of you germs from your mouth/nose. I wear a mask when I go out because I have friends and family members with compromised immune systems and I’m sure many other people do as well and I want to help protect them because it’s easy to do, doesn’t cost me anything, and is only a slight annoyance for the time I’m in a store.

Freedom is a pretty weak argument for not wearing a mask, I’m not even saying it should be a law but there are tons of laws you likely abide by every single day that are put in place for the public’s safety. It is just common decency, not to mention the fact that what will absolutely give Biden the election is if this continues to get drawn out while other countries have things under control. It is basically gifting the Democrats the election because somehow we have made a simple public safety measure a political issue. I hope you all are well stocked on guns and ammo because we are going to have another four year fight on our hands and it could be prevented by successfully opening the economy.
    It sounds like your friends and family members with compromised immune systems should be the ones wearing masks or better yet quarantining so they don’t get sick. People like you constantly harping about flatting the curve or whatever the slogan is now is getting old as well. The virus is not going anywhere. When a country or city opens up There will be a rise in cases. It’s just not going to miraculously disappear. That ship has long sailed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    FYI, a recent review:

Face Masks Against COVID-19: An Evidence Review
    Preprints 2020, 2020040203 (doi: 10.20944/preprints202004.0203.v1).

Abstract

The science around the use of masks by the general public to impede COVID-19 transmission is advancing rapidly. Policymakers need guidance on how masks should be used by the general population to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. Here, we synthesize the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: 1) transmission characteristics of COVID-19, 2) filtering characteristics and efficacy of masks, 3) estimated population impacts of widespread community mask use, and 4) sociological considerations for policies concerning mask-wearing. A primary route of transmission of COVID-19 is likely via small respiratory droplets, and is known to be transmissible from presymptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. Reducing disease spread requires two things: first, limit contacts of infected individuals via physical distancing and contact tracing with appropriate quarantine, and second, reduce the transmission probability per contact by wearing masks in public, among other measures. The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces the transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected droplets in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at stopping spread of the virus when compliance is high. The decreased transmissibility could substantially reduce the death toll and economic impact while the cost of the intervention is low. Thus we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0203/v1
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    It sounds like your friends and family members with compromised immune systems should be the ones wearing masks or better yet quarantining so they don’t get sick. People like you constantly harping about flatting the curve or whatever the slogan is now is getting old as well. The virus is not going anywhere. When a country or city opens up There will be a rise in cases. It’s just not going to miraculously disappear. That ship has long sailed.
    I’m not sure if you have purposely ignored the entire scientific discussion around mask use or not but the entire point is to reduce the spread because it reduces the virus exiting your mouth or nose via respiratory droplets and reaching others. Read Will’s link if you don’t believe me. It’s not about protecting yourself unless you have a properly fitting N95 or the like.

Most of my friends and family members are lucky enough to be able to quarantine but there are lots of people with compromised immune systems that need to, you know, work so they can stay in their house and buy food. I wear a mask for those people because it’s entirely possible that I caught COVID and am not symptomatic even though I am very cautious.

The one thing you did get right is the virus isn’t going anywhere so if we could actually care for our fellow citizens and take the most basic of precautions we could drastically reduce the spread. If you don’t want Biden to be president then the only chance Trump has left is if the economy gets humming. Constantly having to shut things back down because dumbasses can’t be bothered to wear a mask is going to prevent that. It always amazes me how so many conservatives tout this position of moral superiority yet when it comes to a slight inconvenience to their life they are just as selfish as the left.

Feedback Score
    The one thing you did get right is the virus isn’t going anywhere so if we could actually care for our fellow citizens and take the most basic of precautions we could drastically reduce the spread. If you don’t want Biden to be president then the only chance Trump has left is if the economy gets humming. Constantly having to shut things back down because dumbasses can’t be bothered to wear a mask is going to prevent that. It always amazes me how so many conservatives tout this position of moral superiority yet when it comes to a slight inconvenience to their life they are just as selfish as the left.
    That is a lot of truth in a paragraph.
    The important thing is we are learning about the disease, the risk and actually evaluating if masks help, versus just having “muh feelz”.

From the New England Journal of Medicine and written by relative anti mask Doctors. They are revising their position as they learn April to June.
    A growing body of research shows that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission is strongly correlated with the duration and intensity of contact: the risk of transmission among household members can be as high as 40%, whereas the risk of transmission from less intense and less sustained encounters is below 5%. This finding is also borne out by recent research associating mask wearing with less transmission of SARS-CoV-2, particularly in closed settings. We therefore strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods.
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...ed_coronavirus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only

Wearing a mask is all fine and dandy, more so if you’re in a high risk population, granted the efficacy of which is debatable since nobody wears one properly or substituting something else entirely (I’ve seen napkins for Christ sake). So whatever.

The greater issue which I’ll reiterate for you is the conceptual notion that an individual is somehow lawfully responsible for the health and well-being of someone else. The state can fvck right off with that one. If we’re going to play that game then it’s absolutely kosher tell what other people to do or not do with their bodies in any context be it smoking, soda, etc. On top of that the government has zero constitutional authority to shut down commerce public health concerns or otherwise.

At any rate the hypocrisy of the left on this is deafening so long as abortion exists. Can’t preach about the sanctity of life with that elephant in the room.

But it’s my body my choice right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 06-28-20 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    That is a lot of truth in a paragraph.
    The important thing is we are learning about the disease, the risk and actually evaluating if masks help, versus just having “muh feelz”.

From the New England Journal of Medicine and written by relative anti mask Doctors. They are revising their position as they learn April to June.
    A growing body of research shows that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission is strongly correlated with the duration and intensity of contact: the risk of transmission among household members can be as high as 40%, whereas the risk of transmission from less intense and less sustained encounters is below 5%. This finding is also borne out by recent research associating mask wearing with less transmission of SARS-CoV-2, particularly in closed settings. We therefore strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods.
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...ed_coronavirus
    Here's a good science bases write up on masks for non scientists also:

https://examine.com/topics/coronavir...KsvM25FZj6Vsmk
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Double........
    Last edited by tb-av; 06-29-20 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It always amazes me how so many conservatives tout this position of moral superiority yet when it comes to a slight inconvenience to their life they are just as selfish as the left.
    You sound like Chuck Todd. That's exactly what he said on Meet The Depressed this Sunday. A few thousand Conservatives gathered at a rally. & millions watched on TV. Conclusion..... ALL CONSERVATIVES DO AS TRUMP DOES AND FOLLOW HIS LEAD.

Forget the riots, beach goers, gay pride parades, none of that is impacted by Covid19. They are all immune, at least to the media.

You find a small segment of people that for whatever reason don't feel the need to wear a mask and if they are Conservative then ALL conservatives are of like mind.

That is so far from the truth.

I agree we should all do our part. I wear a mask, gloves, shoe covers as needed and appropriate. I don't believe your last statement is grounded in reality.... unless of course the quantity of "so many" is equal to what the Left wing media wants everyone to believe. Even then I don't see a lot of moral superiority being touted. Actually quite the opposite. Just look at Nicholas Sandmann, he was having moral superiority forced on him by the Left.

"they are just as selfish as the left."

I know someone that is about 85, doesn't wear a mask, never asked anyone to wear a mask when coming into his business and he provides an incredibly valuable service to the 2A community where I live. That's pretty much the opposite of selfish.

The important data set is not what the Liberals ARE reporting. It's what they are NOT reporting. Like the fact Joe Biden can't form a sentence. Like the number of Trump supporters that stayed home to "do right" and "be safe".
    Last edited by tb-av; 06-29-20 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    The liberal Mecca California is finally starting to receive some attention. Watch our Californians you’re going to be on double secret restrictions/lockdown

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/u...2ec15ee9870483

Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast