Page 263 of 311 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr5595 View Post
    I finally put an optic on my MWS; Nightforce 4/14 -56 shv with a LaRue mount. I am anxious to try it out as this will be my first foray into long range shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice start. Now get some quality ammo and go boom boom.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Put this one together from parts to get it how I wanted it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Put this one together from parts to get it how I wanted it

I like it. What’s the barrel length?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharb007 View Post
    I like it. What’s the barrel length?
    thank you. 13.5" LW chrome

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    thank you. 13.5" LW chrome
    What is your weight with that set up and how does it shoot?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    What is your weight with that set up and how does it shoot?
    Just threw it on the scale for a weigh in.

14lbs .3oz - as it sits in the picture.
    10lbs 12.8oz - with a 20 round PMAG and 20 rounds of 168gr and without optic, bipod, and sling.
    9lbs 5oz - the rifle without the magazine inserted.
    2lbs 7.5oz - this is the weight of the 13.5" LW Chrome barrel (on my scale)

...It definitely turns into a pig the more crap you start the throw on it.

The idea behind this setup was a DMR/BR that was able to fold up for easier deployment from a shorter bag or from a vehicle. I wanted something that I could pull out of the truck and take longer shots while still maintaining maneuverability.

I should note that most of the weight is sitting in the receiver area because of the MARS-H lower, FA BCG, XH buffer, and Law Tactical folding stock adapter. Moving around the house with it I can say that it wouldn't be my first choice for anything up close or in tight quarters but the LW barrel keeping most of the weight in the receiver area and the ability to ditch the bipod with the flip of a lever, makes it doable.

Unfortunately I just put it together this week and I haven't taken out for a spin yet.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I think it looks good. I have been debating ditching my standard profile 16” barrel and using the 13.5 light weight instead. I’ll be interested in your range review.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    I think it looks good. I have been debating ditching my standard profile 16” barrel and using the 13.5 light weight instead. I’ll be interested in your range review.
    Thank you.

After watching that VTS video displaying the capabilities of a 13.5" MWS and this being a 800 an in gun, I figured why bother with the extra weight and length of the 16". I plan on adding a WML, PEQ, and I have a sandman k in jail so adding all that to the end of a 16 incher would probably start to feel like swinging around a 4x4. For me, the 13.5" was the way to go. I'm thinking about picking up a 6.5 creedmoor barrel to swap out when I want to push out further.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you.

After watching that VTS video displaying the capabilities of a 13.5" MWS and this being a 800 an in gun, I figured why bother with the extra weight and length of the 16". I plan on adding a WML, PEQ, and I have a sandman k in jail so adding all that to the end of a 16 incher would probably start to feel like swinging around a 4x4. For me, the 13.5" was the way to go. I'm thinking about picking up a 6.5 creedmoor barrel to swap out when I want to push out further.
    Nice set up, I do like the 13.5 barrel. With large frame AR's I think you one has to be careful about what they want out of the rifle or else its pretty easy to have a 16lb rifle. Its important to remember that its a modular platform and while one of the biggest drawbacks of the MWS is its weight is at the same time a strength. Its an incredibly strong Chassis that has the ability to be configured as needed. As much as i want to like this set up, it just more sense for me run to separate optics based on what i am trying to do

Shooting steel/carbine/inside 200 yards Red dot all day
    Shoot groups/long range/ mid range 200 to 800 3-18 class.

Now i do think that a POF DI revolution could be incredibly interesting with a LPVO since i think they are coming in at some crazy sub 7lb weight

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    Nice set up, I do like the 13.5 barrel. With large frame AR's I think you one has to be careful about what they want out of the rifle or else its pretty easy to have a 16lb rifle. Its important to remember that its a modular platform and while one of the biggest drawbacks of the MWS is its weight is at the same time a strength. Its an incredibly strong Chassis that has the ability to be configured as needed. As much as i want to like this set up, it just more sense for me run to separate optics based on what i am trying to do

Shooting steel/carbine/inside 200 yards Red dot all day
    Shoot groups/long range/ mid range 200 to 800 3-18 class.

Now i do think that a POF DI revolution could be incredibly interesting with a LPVO since i think they are coming in at some crazy sub 7lb weight

I'm looking at the MWS you posted and then read back what you said... So you don't run the 13.5" + 1-8 accupower setup anymore in lieu of switching between 2 individual more specialized optics for either 200 and in (red dot) or pushing out to 800 (3-18)?

Page 263 of 311 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast