Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Second hand ammo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Any issues with the older rimfire ammunition?

Its neat to see the wide variety of .22 ammo, but sad too. All those companies existed because millions of people around the world loved shooting and that pleasure has been taken from us with the exception of a few hold out countries.

Andy
    So far so good, the ones I shot all went bang

Feedback Score
    LGS gifted me a few boxes of old ammo, 9mm, .32 ACP, .25 ACP and .22 short

Then I bought this typically Swiss curiosity, a can of GP11 “Taschenmunition”, or pocket ammunition. As you may know, the Swiss militia soldiers kept their rifles at home, and were therefore given a sealed can of 24 rounds, to be only used in case of mobilisation and in order to reach a meeting point.

Precisely this reads :

Guidelines for pocket ammunition
    This pocket ammunition is intended exclusively for personal protection during active duty, especially before reaching the designated duty station.
    The pocket ammunition is to be presented at each service and during communal inspections.
    Anyone who opens the box improperly or misuses the ammunition will be punished in accordance with the order concerning ammunition.
    Federal Military Department, Bern 1970

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    NICE! Im a HUGE fan of old ammo boxes, ads, and things like you just posted, sir. Very cool pics.
    Did each household only get ONE can of 24 rounds?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    NICE! Im a HUGE fan of old ammo boxes, ads, and things like you just posted, sir. Very cool pics.
    Did each household only get ONE can of 24 rounds?
    Yes, each soldier only received one can. Again, the idea was not to go fighting on the front with it, but just rejoin your unit where you would get your orders, supplies etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    Yes, each soldier only received one can. Again, the idea was not to go fighting on the front with it, but just rejoin your unit where you would get your orders, supplies etc.
    Thank you...love the pics!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    The gentleman who sold me the Rem 700 VTR also had a case of Swiss GP90 (5.56 NATO) for a reasonable price ($350.-)

He was also kind to gift me 260 rds of Barnaul .223

And I bought some 9mm subsonic and .30M1 ammo from two different private sellers

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’d like to see a pic of the bunker where you have 8 trillion rounds of ammo. And 40,000 collector guns. Well Done Big O.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Good ammo is the ammo you have in-hand!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Some of these fotos reminds me of two boxes of ammo I got from my grandparents. One is a box of West German made Federal .25 acp, and the other is a box of Remington 158 gr LRN .38 spl, which was bought at a truck stop at the price of just over five dollars. The .25 auto works just fine. I used it to test out the old pocket auto. The .38 spl looks perfect, but I have never touched it, and have no plans on doing so. I am keeping the boxes also, which both boxes sit in my safe.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    Back in April I ordered 20 boxes of Geco .38 spl wad cutter for $ 18.-/box. Only 4 arrived as they were out of stock, the rest was on back order. It finally came with the invoice at the same price despite the general increase of ammo prices. Great shop to deal with.

Also got 150 rds of .357 Sig for $50.- from a private seller

And 224 rds of Swiss army 7.65 mm Parabellum (.30 Luger) for $60.- from another private seller

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast