Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson bites the dust

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 4.12.03 PM.jpg

Lets up the level of a$$ hurt here.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Lol. Williejc called this years ago and everyone ignored him.

Weird stupid gun companies need to understand weird stupid gun owners that like weird stupid guns are poor and won’t drop the kind of loot Hudson was asking for a pistol.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 03-18-19 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Then please enlighten us. I agree with Wicked that the closing of a company is not something that is normally celebrated because that usually means that there are people who are out of work.
    Normally I don't give explanations to people who aren't owed one but I'll make an exception.

The thread was started to pass the word in case anyone here actually owns one of those pistols so they would know they are now effectively shit out of luck for any and all support. They would be wise to preferably unload their now orphaned dog ASAP before too many people wise up, or if they really like it start buying parts guns when others start dumping them.

The "hasta la vista, baby" comment was an allegory of sorts to the effects of Chapter 7 (liquidation) bankruptcy. Unless someone is really dumb to rescue some of the distressed assets, Hudson as a firearms company and as a firearms brand is gone forever.

Feedback Score
    Not happy.

Not celebrating.

Not at all shocked or surprised.

About as predictable as whether water will run uphill or downhill.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When something like this happens, I'm prone to wonder how the owners were living: salaries, company perks, etc.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No surprise. Bad business decisions often lead to bad business results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    When something like this happens, I'm prone to wonder how the owners were living: salaries, company perks, etc.
    In the case of most small businesses, their life isn't as glamorous as you might think even when this happens.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I don't feel bad for Hudson in the slightest, good riddance. They ultimately did this to themselves and as such aren't the victim. The businesses/companies they robbed of millions upon millions are.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 03-18-19 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I don't feel bad for Hudson in the slightest, good riddance. I do feel bad however for all the companies and business to whom they owe millions upon millions of dollars to and will never get paid back. I feel bankruptcy is nothing more than sanctioned theft and that goes for both business and personal.
    I don't feel sorry for those who made the poor business decisions, but I do feel sorry for those affected by those decisions regardless if they were employees of Hudson or if they are owed money by Hudson.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    I don't feel sorry for those who made the poor business decisions, but I do feel sorry for those affected by those decisions regardless if they were employees of Hudson or if they are owed money by Hudson.
    I think you've made that abundantly clear.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast