Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronin Tactics TF Alternatives?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ronin Tactics TF Alternatives?

I'm looking for a two-piece low-profile war belt. I was about to pull the trigger on the Ronin Tactics TF belt, but then I noticed that the vertical spacing between the MOLLE rows is .75", which is .25" under spec. While this makes the attachment points rock solid, I'm worried about it being 1) non/under-spec and 2) incredibly difficult to work with. Also, it precludes usage with some plastic MOLLE attachment points.

Has anyone experienced any issues with the under-spaced MOLLE on Ronin?

Are there any other 1.75" belts out there that are low-profile with MOLLE, but spaced at 1"?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Eagle makes one and OP tac carries it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What about the old classic, the Crye MRB? Or maybe the First-Spear High Angle Assault Belt. I looked a both before settling on the Ronin Tactics TF.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-27-19 at 22:19.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    OP Tactical also carries the Blue Alpha Gear version (I think). If not, Warrior Poet Society might have it on the website. The Crye is low profile but not nearly as stiff as the Ronin, at least the previous gen was. Neither of them were around when I settled on a belt, but IME the best solution is a Ronin Senshi outer belt and Crye MRB inner belt.

As far as MOLLE, I'm assuming all of the Ronin belts are the same. Its definitelty tight and takes a little bit of work. The pouches may also sit on top of eachother a little bit, but I've never had any functional issues or anything like that. I think I've had this setup for two years or so and am still very pleased. My pouches include HSGI Taco LTs, Velocity dump, SORD TQ holder, BFG IFAK, and G-Code RTI wheel.
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-28-19 at 08:35.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For reference purposes only, avoid the VTAC Raze belt. Kind of expected better. I’ve had slings that were stiffer than this belt.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    For reference I use the Ronin TF belt and have no issues with both blue force gear MOLLE pouches, LBT MOLLE pouches, and the high speed gear clips. YMMV

Feedback Score
    How do they measure the spacing of molle? Is it from the center of molle loop or is it stitch to stich?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Blue Alpha Gear- I like everything i have ordered from them. It doesnt state the vertical spacing on their website, but they could confirm with a quick email i am sure. Just another option

https://www.bluealphagear.com/produc...nd-duty-belts/

Feedback Score
    I would look at blue alpha. I’m thinking about getting another belt since I don’t think I need my HSGI padded Molle belt for everything.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    HSGI and Eagle Industries both make MOLLE belts similar to the Ronin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast