Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt/Umarex M4

Feedback Score
    shot a new pic of my toy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Remember that it is not an AR-15 in .22, but a .22 dressed up to look like an AR-15...see the innards of the lower receiver and you'll understand...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am curious as to why someone would pay $600 for the Umarex when the S&W M&P15-22 is selling in the low to mid $400 range?

Feedback Score
    I didnt know of the S&W M&P15-22 when i got my Colt M4. however Do i regret it? not so much. I do like the fact that mine says "Colt M4" a minor cosmetic bonus but sometimes its all in the name.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    I didnt know of the S&W M&P15-22 when i got my Colt M4. however Do i regret it? not so much. I do like the fact that mine says "Colt M4" a minor cosmetic bonus but sometimes its all in the name.
    Sorry, Solscud, I wasn't referring to you specifically. I meant now that the S&W is out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austin12gauge View Post
    Sorry, Solscud, I wasn't referring to you specifically. I meant now that the S&W is out.
    No worries. I wasn't taking offense to it. I was just rationalizing my purchase. Men can always raionalize and reason our purchases haha

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austin12gauge View Post
    I am curious as to why someone would pay $600 for the Umarex when the S&W M&P15-22 is selling in the low to mid $400 range?
    i got my Colt ar/22 for 450.00 off gun broker...I got a hell of a deal IMO..

Feedback Score
    I can answer your question from my standpoint. I looked into both of them in detail before they hit the market. BOTH rifles leave something to be desired, believe me. That doesn't mean that they are not a purchase.

The Colt is ALL METAL, that was really attractive to me. The threaded barrel is also and excellent addition. Non-AR trigger doesn't bother me a bit. The fact that the bolt release doesnt work is just retarded. Someone needs to be fired for having a non-functional bolt release.

The S&W is a great price. The barrel is not threaded although from what I understand future runs may include a threaded barrel. The AR standard trigger is great, but not a big deal to me. The bolt is NOT standard ar style, but neither is the colt so no biggie there. The functional bolt release is sweet, but what moron decided to make the frame PLASTIC? I want a gun as real as possible and plastic doesnt' cut it. If guys think the Colt is like cheap airsoft I can't imagine how "airsofty" they must feel about the M&P.

These two clowns should have got together and designed ONE rifle that is close to an actual AR as possilbe.

Instead we have the option to buy one of two rifles that.... well.... .could have been so much better than they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ick View Post
    I can answer your question from my standpoint. I looked into both of them in detail before they hit the market. BOTH rifles leave something to be desired, believe me. That doesn't mean that they are not a purchase.

The Colt is ALL METAL, that was really attractive to me. The threaded barrel is also and excellent addition. Non-AR trigger doesn't bother me a bit. The fact that the bolt release doesnt work is just retarded. Someone needs to be fired for having a non-functional bolt release.

The S&W is a great price. The barrel is not threaded although from what I understand future runs may include a threaded barrel. The AR standard trigger is great, but not a big deal to me. The bolt is NOT standard ar style, but neither is the colt so no biggie there. The functional bolt release is sweet, but what moron decided to make the frame PLASTIC? I want a gun as real as possible and plastic doesnt' cut it. If guys think the Colt is like cheap airsoft I can't imagine how "airsofty" they must feel about the M&P.

These two clowns should have got together and designed ONE rifle that is close to an actual AR as possilbe.

Instead we have the option to buy one of two rifles that.... well.... .could have been so much better than they are.

the most annoying thing, about the Colt, is that the safety is a full 180deg turn to fire. very annoying.

Feedback Score
    Wow- the Anti colt guys are about 10 to 1 over the actual owners....I've never seen a firearm product generate so much negative reaction. The average OWNER of one seems to be well pleased. The safety means nothing to me, the bolt hold-open works fine with a magazine, the lever not operating means nothing to me, and the forward assist knob is a plus, even if it doesn't work. Lay the Colt next to a real AR, it's a dead ringer. Feels like one too. I look at it for what it IS- a .22 made to look and feel like an AR- NOT an AR. The attached photo is my buddies Armalite with the Umarex/Colt. The Armalite has the strap.....If the mags were reversed you would be hard pressed to tell 'em apart...LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast