Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Of The High End LPVO (UPDATE: Purchase Made)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Wny dontcha tell us how the NF 1-4 really makes you feel BF I think NF would totally approve that message. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol that was more directed toward the OP. Truth be told, I was never really into NightForce optics. In fact, the 1-8x ATACR will be my first.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Kahles K16i. Put it in a Geissele mount. Done. You’re overthinking this and unnecessarily hamstringing your choices with the limitation of only having 4x capability.
    This. For your use great at 1X is more important than not going past 4X on the top end.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    OP stated in the first post that he's ruled out the Kahles 1-6x.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because he doesn't need 6X or a "long range" scope. It's the wrong way to look at a LPVO, especially the current high end options.

He needs to pick based on 1X performance and not worry about how high it goes. The Kahles is great at 1X.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Because he doesn't need 6X or a "long range" scope. It's the wrong way to look at a LPVO, especially the current high end options.

He needs to pick based on 1X performance and not worry about how high it goes. The Kahles is great at 1X.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, brother. I'm not the one you need to convince.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Like the OP, I decided I didn't need anything past 4x. I was more concerned with how the scope performs on 1x. 0-200yds performance was my goal, with some significant value placed on weight, and 1x eyebox. Didn't worry too much about daylight brightness. I chose an accupower and am real happy with it. The etched reticle is great, when the illumination isn't there it doesn't really matter to my eye. Eyebox and 1x is great. Some of these 1-6 and 1-8 scopes are friggin heffers. I'd be looking at a 1-4 accupower, or if you want something better and pricier, a 1-6 kahles. Both have acceptable weights and big eyeboxes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by P2000; 04-27-18 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    If as you say 100 yards would be max distance, then I'd suggest looking at the Leupold VX6 1-6 with duplex Firedot reticle. It is daylight bright, simple bold reticle, 1x, large enough eye box that it can be used as a red dot or cranked up to reach way out there. Mine has a custom CDS dial on it and I've shot out to 600 yards.

I have a Trijicon Accupower 1-4 and though I can tell the illumination is on, it's not daylight bright as already stated. The segmented circle reticle with BDC is very useable to me without turning it on but it's not a red dot.

Frankly at just 100 yards I don't think I can beat my EXPS2-0 on timed shots offhand.

Another 1-4 to look at is the SWFA HD 1-4 or 1-6, possibly the best choices in their class.

On the VX6 I looked through, the glass is just okay, on the low end it does not seem like true 1x to me, and has edge distortion.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    On the VX6 I looked through, the glass is just okay, on the low end it does not seem like true 1x to me, and has edge distortion.
    There are none that are true 1x

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    There are none that are true 1x

The S&B 1-8x ShortDot Dual CC is true 1x. Is the CC feature not the main selling point?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    The S&B 1-8x ShortDot Dual CC is true 1x. Is the CC feature not the main selling point?

I have not used that model. I was just getting ready to order a nf 1-8. Sprung for this in tan off of ebay. Will report back on the 1x. (This gives me a scientific reason to spend $3200)

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast