Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Sure, but the vast majority that choose holosun are the same crowd that choose Vortex. "Great warranty, and it's cheaper! But just as good as..." Only fact in that tired line is the cost up front is less. In the long run they cost more.
    Depends on the Vortex really. If you're getting their Razor LPVOs, they're some of the best on the market. They also make "budget" optics too, but that doesn't take away from the quality lines of things they make.

And the "vast majority" of us who have bought Holosun and Vortex products aren't the ignorant neckbeard chairborne rangers you make us out to be. Sometimes we DO do our research and deliberately choose those products because we find they have what we're looking for while the competition doesn't. Yes, cost does factor in, but other features do as well. Also, most of us are buying these products from retailers, so we're not sending our money over to the CCP. So, if you really want to boycott Holosun, Vortex, and others that have products made in China, you need to cut out Primary Arms, Midway, Brownells, G&R, Optics Planet, and any local gun shop that sells them, for buying their products for retail sales.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    No one is cherry picking. The reality is that the West has sold it's soul(production soul) to China in exchange for profit. No one offshores their product to China for the superior quality. They do it for labour costs. Actively choosing to avoid Chinese products where possible is what I'm saying and I'm sure other are as well. Going China free is impossible in this day and age.

Some people really don't understand business at all. It makes ZERO difference if the company is American/British/Swedish etc. If they have their products built in China then your money is going to CHINA. You are funding the CCP and all the atrocities they commit. Buying what you can that isn't made in that shit hole means you're not funding them as much as others. Look at it like a China debt load. Lower your debt load, don't buy Chinese. Not to mention the quality or rather the lack thereof in their products.

Sure, but the vast majority that choose holosun are the same crowd that choose Vortex. "Great warranty, and it's cheaper! But just as good as..." Only fact in that tired line is the cost up front is less. In the long run they cost more.
    Exactly. Besides their behavior I’ve heard a shit ton of faulty holosun lately but no one seems to call it out like they would if it were Trijicon.

I’ll be deciding between rmr, SRO, acro, acro P2. Or irons.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Oh I thought you meant folks who don’t get paid to advertise.

Any regular Joe’s you know of that have done the same?
    Me. I have aimpoints, numerous EOTechs, Leupolds, Razor 1-6e, etc…. I have more Sog Romeo 5’s(Holosun) than any others. There’s few reasons I can find to spend 3x as much on an aimpoint due to cUnTrY oF OriGinZ as I type this on an iPhone. They hold zero, held up for numerous classes and run and guns- I haven’t found a single performance related issue.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    At the end of the day, I’d rather put the 500 dollars I save toward the principle on my mortgage or car. I think that makes me better prepared as a husband, father, and debt-less American than whether or not my optic was made in Sweden vs China.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Depends on the Vortex really. If you're getting their Razor LPVOs, they're some of the best on the market. They also make "budget" optics too, but that doesn't take away from the quality lines of things they make.

And the "vast majority" of us who have bought Holosun and Vortex products aren't the ignorant neckbeard chairborne rangers you make us out to be. Sometimes we DO do our research and deliberately choose those products because we find they have what we're looking for while the competition doesn't. Yes, cost does factor in, but other features do as well. Also, most of us are buying these products from retailers, so we're not sending our money over to the CCP. So, if you really want to boycott Holosun, Vortex, and others that have products made in China, you need to cut out Primary Arms, Midway, Brownells, G&R, Optics Planet, and any local gun shop that sells them, for buying their products for retail sales.
    Why is the concept of commerce so hard for people to understand???

If you buy a product, any product that is made in China you ARE SUPPORTING THE CCP. How do you think the retailer got the product? THEY PAID CHINA FOR IT!! Your ignorant statement about boycotting Brownells etc further proves your lack of understanding. If you don't buy Chinese sh*t from Brownells, then they don't send money to China. They only send money for CHINESE PRODUCTS. If no one buys these Chinese products, they have no reason to send money to China.

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Me. I have aimpoints, numerous EOTechs, Leupolds, Razor 1-6e, etc…. I have more Sog Romeo 5’s(Holosun) than any others. There’s few reasons I can find to spend 3x as much on an aimpoint due to cUnTrY oF OriGinZ as I type this on an iPhone. They hold zero, held up for numerous classes and run and guns- I haven’t found a single performance related issue.
    No surprise, most of what you list is low end junk or contains Chinese parts. EOTech sucks, Leupold is loaded with Chinese components and not high end. Vortex is garbage, as is SIG Chinese optics.

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    At the end of the day, I’d rather put the 500 dollars I save toward the principle on my mortgage or car. I think that makes me better prepared as a husband, father, and debt-less American than whether or not my optic was made in Sweden vs China.
    Here's the question I have asked before and will again. You admit you have multiple optics, even multiples of the same optic. You claim you would sooner put your savings towards your home or vehicle( a sh*t investment by the way). If you're concerned with saving money why do you have so many firearms? How many rifles or handguns can you shoot effectively at one time? ONE, just one, always been one.

Why not sell off the likely dozen or so additional firearms and focus on two(one should be an identical spare) well made, well outfitted fighting rifles. Do the same for handguns. I can see perhaps a few more here, maybe an ultra compact or backup/ankle gun in addition to the primary and it's spare. Decrease the amount of excess crap, saves money, allows for acquisition of better quality guns and gear, and still gives you more free capital to put toward your mortgage or other financial necessities.

The reality is this. Most people desire to have mountains of mediocre or low end garbage. They want to do everything all the time, and simply cannot afford the time or cost to do it properly. To compensate for the cost factor they buy low end crap to scratch that itch. They do this without regard for quality, place of manufacture and often times without considering the practicality of the item. Having "more sh*t" is at the foundation of Western society, especially in the US. It's precisely why Walmart is so successful, they sell nothing but junk and it's mostly Chinese junk. Everyone knows it's junk but they only see "cheap price" which means they can have MORE OF IT. The appreciation for quality is fading in society, and that isn't a good thing.

Here's an exercise for everyone.

Look through your current guns. Removing sentimental firearms(hand me downs in the family)
    Do you have at least one gun that you have not consciously thought about shooting or have shot in the last year?
    Do you have anything you forgot you had?
    Do you have anything that was acquired for a specific purpose/role that is no longer needed, like a rifle for African dangerous game, or a muzzle loader because you planned on doing black powder hunting but now don't have the time or interest?

If you have answered yes to any of the above, you have excess sh*t that you need to purge. Those items are dead investments, money that could be recovered and reinvested in something more useful.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    With all due respect, let's get back to talking about the details and technical merit of the Acro P-2.

I saw a guy post on Instagram that he's compared an Acro P-1 to a Micro T-2 and found them to perform equally well under night vision.

One of the projects I'm working on is putting my main night vision gun on a diet. Thinking about maybe a P-2 on a scalarworks 1.93 micro mount with the Aimpoint micro to acro adapter plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    With all due respect, let's get back to talking about the details and technical merit of the Acro P-2.

I saw a guy post on Instagram that he's compared an Acro P-1 to a Micro T-2 and found them to perform equally well under night vision.

One of the projects I'm working on is putting my main night vision gun on a diet. Thinking about maybe a P-2 on a scalarworks 1.93 micro mount with the Aimpoint micro to acro adapter plate.

With all due respect, I'm not sure why it would be a surprise that an Acro would perform similarly to a T1. Hardly exciting information. There isn't much for tech specs to discuss with the P2, it isn't available yet and it will use the same foot print as the P1. The only real difference is the battery choice.

Feedback Score
    Why is the concept of commerce so hard for people to understand???

If you buy a product, any product that is made in China you ARE SUPPORTING THE CCP. How do you think the retailer got the product? THEY PAID CHINA FOR IT!! Your ignorant statement about boycotting Brownells etc further proves your lack of understanding. If you don't buy Chinese sh*t from Brownells, then they don't send money to China. They only send money for CHINESE PRODUCTS. If no one buys these Chinese products, they have no reason to send money to China.

No surprise, most of what you list is low end junk or contains Chinese parts. EOTech sucks, Leupold is loaded with Chinese components and not high end. Vortex is garbage, as is SIG Chinese optics.

Here's the question I have asked before and will again. You admit you have multiple optics, even multiples of the same optic. You claim you would sooner put your savings towards your home or vehicle( a sh*t investment by the way). If you're concerned with saving money why do you have so many firearms? How many rifles or handguns can you shoot effectively at one time? ONE, just one, always been one.

Why not sell off the likely dozen or so additional firearms and focus on two(one should be an identical spare) well made, well outfitted fighting rifles. Do the same for handguns. I can see perhaps a few more here, maybe an ultra compact or backup/ankle gun in addition to the primary and it's spare. Decrease the amount of excess crap, saves money, allows for acquisition of better quality guns and gear, and still gives you more free capital to put toward your mortgage or other financial necessities.

The reality is this. Most people desire to have mountains of mediocre or low end garbage. They want to do everything all the time, and simply cannot afford the time or cost to do it properly. To compensate for the cost factor they buy low end crap to scratch that itch. They do this without regard for quality, place of manufacture and often times without considering the practicality of the item. Having "more sh*t" is at the foundation of Western society, especially in the US. It's precisely why Walmart is so successful, they sell nothing but junk and it's mostly Chinese junk. Everyone knows it's junk but they only see "cheap price" which means they can have MORE OF IT. The appreciation for quality is fading in society, and that isn't a good thing.

Here's an exercise for everyone.

Look through your current guns. Removing sentimental firearms(hand me downs in the family)
    Do you have at least one gun that you have not consciously thought about shooting or have shot in the last year?
    Do you have anything you forgot you had?
    Do you have anything that was acquired for a specific purpose/role that is no longer needed, like a rifle for African dangerous game, or a muzzle loader because you planned on doing black powder hunting but now don't have the time or interest?

If you have answered yes to any of the above, you have excess sh*t that you need to purge. Those items are dead investments, money that could be recovered and reinvested in something more useful.
    Amazing that you're the only one who "gets it". All of us who have used Holosun, Vortex, Leupold, and EOTech neither have the concept of quality or the patriotism and values acceptable for you.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post

I would be interested to see these run on carbines honestly. I have yet to even see a picture of one mounted on a carbine, outside of Aimpoint's promotional European video. I hope they improve the glass a little as well with the P2. The P1 has a bit of a fisheye on the borders way more than the RMR or SRO does.

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Amazing that you're the only one who "gets it". All of us who have used Holosun, Vortex, Leupold, and EOTech neither have the concept of quality or the patriotism and values acceptable for you.
    The smartest man in the sub, with zero trigger time on all of these optics and companies he's bashing. Good stuff.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 06-28-21 at 18:33.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With all due respect, I'm not sure why it would be a surprise that an Acro would perform similarly to a T1. Hardly exciting information. There isn't much for tech specs to discuss with the P2, it isn't available yet and it will use the same foot print as the P1. The only real difference is the battery choice.
    I have heard there are additional changes besides the battery, including internal improvements.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast