Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I see the Minnesota ARNG has deployed with magazines in their weapons. What's the consensus, ammo or no ammo in those weapons? That is one tiny fellow on the right:

I'm betting on empty mag. That is one miniature guard.

I'm watching a live feed from Atlanta, GA. Crowd of maybe 2000 are converging on Centennial Park, that's smack downtown next to the CNN HQ, convention center, arena, etc. I bet when it gets dark (and quoting Mark Bowden's book, when the people gets hopped up on khat) there will be broken windows, overturned police cars on fire and other pleasant activities.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are those M16A2s? They don’t look like they have detachable carry handles to me, although I am looking at the pic on my phone. Wow I didn’t think even National Guard units were still using A2s.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    After reading that, he’ll walk on the murder 3 charge and probably get hit with a manslaughter, maybe.

With this gem “ While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe.“ The defense will probably try to say that he was having a medical condition taking place well before ever being taken to the ground. If his toxicology report comes back with anything but orange juice and Flintstone vitamins in it the defense is going to run with Mr. Floyd was intoxicated and had a episode of excited delirium which ultimately led to his death.
    My thinking is in line with yours. If true, this will only spark more riots. How much you want to bet the verdict of "not guilty" comes down a week before the election?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    After reading that, he’ll walk on the murder 3 charge and probably get hit with a manslaughter, maybe.

With this gem “ While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe.“ The defense will probably try to say that he was having a medical condition taking place well before ever being taken to the ground. If his toxicology report comes back with anything but orange juice and Flintstone vitamins in it the defense is going to run with Mr. Floyd was intoxicated and had a episode of excited delirium which ultimately led to his death.

How can you say that?

IT WAS MURDER AND NOTHING LESS. WE DONT NEED NONE OF YOUR FANCY EVIDENCE OR FACTS. IT WAS MURDER!!!!! I saw it.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Are those M16A2s? They don’t look like they have detachable carry handles to me, although I am looking at the pic on my phone. Wow I didn’t think even National Guard units were still using A2s.
    Yes they look like A2s.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wonder if this was personal and they had a relationship?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Those are indeed M16A2. My oldie Bushmaster is just like them.

Anybody seriously questioning that those magazines are empty? Ask the young entrepreneur in L.A. who tried to run over Guardsmen. He ate M16A1 lead.

ETA: seems that the general trend in National Guard is to use weapons from 20 years before.

Kent State, 1970: soldiers were using M16A1. Guard had Garands from WW2 and Korea.

LA riots, 1992: soldiers were using M16A3 and A4. Guard had M16A1 from Vietnam.

Minneapolis: soldiers are using M4A1. Guard has M16A2 from Desert Storm
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 05-29-20 at 17:34.

Feedback Score
    I guess its all comes down to why the jury believes he continuing to kneel on him after he lost consciousness.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    As I said initially, let's see what the EVIDENCE shows. I know, that's not as satisfying as howling mob justice but it's mostly worked for us for the last 300 years.

John Adams was hired- the only lawyer in the Colonies who would take the case, to defend the British soldiers accused of Murder in the Boston Massacre. He began his closing argument by stating, "Facts are stubborn things"....Despite a rather biased colonial jury, his clients were all acquitted.
    Private Matthew Kilroy and Private Hugh Montgomery were convicted of manslaughter.

Adams went on to have his critics jailed out of fear it might harm his chance reelection so not exactly an altruistic little fellow.

Feedback Score
    So a Oompa Loompa got a new job

Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I see the Minnesota ARNG has deployed with magazines in their weapons. What's the consensus, ammo or no ammo in those weapons? That is one tiny fellow on the right:

Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast