Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty Daniels, Owner of Daniel Defense, goes full gun control.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Marty seems to be set on a course to destroy his business, I guess he is looking for an excuse to retire. First he won't provide the products that customers want, loses money making products customers don't want, lays experienced work force off and now endorses gun control. Yep that's a winning business model....NOT.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Marty seems to be set on a course to destroy his business, I guess he is looking for an excuse to retire. First he won't provide the products that customers want, loses money making products customers don't want, lays experienced work force off and now endorses gun control. Yep that's a winning business model....NOT.
    Yeah, him stepping on his own dick like this seems like a sure way to scuttle his company, especially after the other things you mentioned. Maybe he can look into building bolt action FUDD guns once he finishes burning down his current company.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wish his remaining staff the best, but this could not come at a worse time. If Mr. Daniel's wanted to "fix the NICS system", I would have recommended not being the face of gun manufacturers for gun control this will result. With the X-Products' marketing disaster, I can't think anyone in his marketing dept. thought this was a good idea. But, he probably didn't run it by anyone. After all, it's his company.

Feedback Score
    I don’t see anything overly objectionable to the Fix NICS bill, that can’t be sorted out with a few amendments. Some of the people on here might consider not freaking out at everything, and learning to read.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I don’t see anything overly objectionable to the Fix NICS bill, that can’t be sorted out with a few amendments. Some of the people on here might consider not freaking out at everything, and learning to read.
    Then get those amendments in there before we push it. As a rabid gun owner I actually don’t hate the NICS system and feel it is a good compromise. I do have a problem with something this open ended being pushed by people in the gun industry.

With all the talk of mental health lately this bill has the potential to block a lot of people unjustly from purchasing firearms. I am actually behind the idea of fixing the NICS system and making it more accurate. But it has to be done right.

GOA and a couple other groups posted a pretty good analysis of why this is a dangerous bill as written. It can be expanded too easily though interpretation. And we know how dangerous that is.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    If this was just about cleaning up the NICS system I might agree. But this is going to be far to open ended. The way it is written you could see people losing their rights for unpaid child support, PTSD diagnosis, etc. And I am not ok with that.
    Then they should quit being a POS and pay their child support (if they can't do that then how can they be responsible gun owners), and if they have a PTSD diagnosis they should be heavily scrutinized.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 03-10-18 at 13:51.

Feedback Score
    Sucks. I liked DD.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Then they should quit being a POS and pay their child support (if they can't do that then how can they be responsible gun owners), and if they have a PTSD diagnosis they should be heavily scrutinized.
    Yes because nobody ever loses their job, or is screwed over by the courts.

Also I didn’t know we were going after Vets now. I guess that is the new trend.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Yes because nobody ever loses their job, or is screwed over by the courts.

Also I didn’t know we were going after Vets now. I guess that is the new trend.
    Yep... it is always the courts fault... it is never personal responsibility. Don't knock up someone it you are not willing to see the whole thing through.

I deal with a lot of people with legitimate PTSD, I would not allow most of them around my firearms. I have also met a ton of people sucking on the .gov disability teat claiming it when they clearly were never in a traumatic situation. It is a blanket bullshit diagnosis that people have been exploiting just like the comfort animal bullshit.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast