Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Millet DMS-1 1-4x24 scope ?

Feedback Score
    Anybody willing to offer a few words re: long term use of a 2008/9 model?

Also, it seems this would be a good candidate for an SPR-E, no?
    Last edited by carbinero; 09-19-09 at 16:18.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is different about the 2007-8 model?

Feedback Score
    I read something about Gen 1 and Gen 2...just curious about how the later ones have been holding up beyond initial reports.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    is anyone running one of the DMS-1s with a matech back up sight? and if anyone is can you post the mount and maybe a picture if available. thanks

Feedback Score
    Just finished reading this thread wooo lot of information. Still trying to decide between the DMS and the Burris XTR14, but money is definitely a factor.

I called millett yesterday, and it seems that bushnell has bought them out.

Do any of you think the quality/warranty issues will be a factor with the buy out?

I know this is an old thread but information is timeless right?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    I hear nothing but praise for Bushnell's similarly priced 3200 models, so I'd bet the quality will continue as before.

Feedback Score
    Based on this thread and the reviews at midway.com, I bought a DMS 1-4 for my Sig556. I'll post a review when I get it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nozzle13 View Post
    Do any of you think the quality/warranty issues will be a factor with the buy out?
    Bushnell will honor the warranty of the Millet but the customer service is horrible. The Millet DMS I sent in got lost at the repair facility and it took ump-teen number of calls to get it squared away with them replacing the lost item. I can't rag on them for losing it, they made it right in the end, it's the fact that they couldn't follow through with the process without having their hand held...Just my .02...

Feedback Score
    This scope seems like a good fit for a hunting 6.8 upper. How do you owners feel they would hold up in a hunting role? The gun will be zeroed with 5-10 rounds a year and only shot 1-2 while hunting. So how do you think it would hold up to less than a box of ammo per year and minimal turret adjustments?

Feedback Score
    I picked a Millet DMS/Burris PEPR combo at SWFA for $265.00. After trying to save for a higher end optic combo for a year, I finally came to the realization that my status in the financial world and focusing priorities on things like food, just would not allow it. I set my expectations low and have to say that I'm very pleased with this set-up.
    I'll do a more extensive review later, but for now, here's my initial impressions:

The scope and mount are robust. I haven't done an official weight, but if everything fails, you can beat someone to death with this unit. I unpacked the scope and mount at work and had to wait until I got home to mount it. I laser bore-sighted it with a flashlight and a tree-trunk at 1am and took it to the range in the pouring rain the next day.

I must have been blessed by the laser-gods, as the scope was 1 click off up and right at 50-yards. From the bench, my groups were tight like prom night and off the bench not much changed. There is some fisheye at 100-yards and on 1x, but less so when you dial up to 1.5 and up. I left it set at 1.5 for most of a class 3-days later, (also in the pouring rain). My failure to properly LocTite the PEPR was my only hang-up that day. After a self-inflicted dope slap, I tightened up the mount properly and pressed on. I was not disappointed.

The donut-dot reticle is easy to pick up and bright - except in bright light. However, the reticle itself is easy to pic up with no illumination - the 1 MOA center dot is great for more precise shooting and the donut covers well for center-mass at longer ranges. I have not wrung this scope out past 200-yards, but between 5-feet and 200-yards, the scope performs well.

The Burris PEPR mount seems to be pretty well thought out. It's also large and heavy like the scope and I'm not sure I'll ever use the rails on the rings, (you never know I guess), but it locks up solidly, (if you do your part) and holds zero.

Laying in some tall grass on the range, shooting at 50-yards in the rain with my pack as a rest, I was pretty pleased with accuracy. I took 5-shots at a quarter, hit it once, dinged it twice and had two-flyers about 3/4 inch north and south. I'm not a bench shooter, so I don't plan on winning any matches with this scope. What I do plan on is beating the snot out of it and will report how this scope hold up. If folks are looking for a magnified, illuminated optic and are on a budget, this may indeed be an option.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast