Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post

I got my Vudu finally. I gotta hit the range and see what she can do. I was considering an LED ACOG strongly until I got to play with them side by side today at Buds. They matched optics planets price today too. I bought a Warne xskel mount while I was there. She’s almost complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really like that optic and that set up looks solid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Really like that optic and that set up looks solid.
    Thanks man. Im liking it so far. Been playing around with different positions on the rail trying to find the sweet spot for the eye relief. Ive got it to where its about perfect with the stock retracted and works well in the first notch of the RE. All Im doing now is waiting on the Geissele SSP strait bow to come in the mail.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks man. Im liking it so far. Been playing around with different positions on the rail trying to find the sweet spot for the eye relief. Ive got it to where its about perfect with the stock retracted and works well in the first notch of the RE. All Im doing now is waiting on the Geissele SSP strait bow to come in the mail.

That’s my 556 set up and that’s where I found it comfortable for me. Still need to sight it in but overall it’s very nice.

Feedback Score

That’s my 556 set up and that’s where I found it comfortable for me. Still need to sight it in but overall it’s very nice.
    That’s awesome. Is that the SR1 reticle?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That’s awesome. Is that the SR1 reticle?

SR3, it has a 556 reticle with the BDC.

Feedback Score
    SR3, it has a 556 reticle with the BDC.
    Nice. I got the mrad reticle as they didnt have the 7.62. What mount are you using?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice. I got the mrad reticle as they didnt have the 7.62. What mount are you using?

Geissele Super Precision, Black Friday deal a couple years back.

Feedback Score
    Nice!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice to see the CM762/CM65 love in this thread.

Mine still has the Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24 on it and so far it has been great - only 120 round, 110 of it on steel from 100-300 yards (all PPU M80 FMJ).

Next I'm going to try a couple other more precision type loads to see how accurate it is. Then I may switch to a medium power optic (NF 2.5-10x42 or ATACR 4-16x42, or maybe a different 1-6/1-8 optic), as the Vortex was robbed from another rifle.

I also found a conversion block and will run one of my Colt 5.56 uppers on it just for shits and grins. Most conversion setups are mostly a novelty IMO but it was a nice score to find, albeit over-priced. I have thought about updating my Trust and SBR'ing the lower but honestly with as many SBRs as I have, it's not really worth the time and expense to do so. I would only run SBR 5.56 uppers that I currently own, not cut down the 7.62 upper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nice to see the CM762/CM65 love in this thread.

Mine still has the Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24 on it and so far it has been great - only 120 round, 110 of it on steel from 100-300 yards (all PPU M80 FMJ).

Next I'm going to try a couple other more precision type loads to see how accurate it is. Then I may switch to a medium power optic (NF 2.5-10x42 or ATACR 4-16x42, or maybe a different 1-6/1-8 optic), as the Vortex was robbed from another rifle.

I also found a conversion block and will run one of my Colt 5.56 uppers on it just for shits and grins. Most conversion setups are mostly a novelty IMO but it was a nice score to find, albeit over-priced. I have thought about updating my Trust and SBR'ing the lower but honestly with as many SBRs as I have, it's not really worth the time and expense to do so. I would only run SBR 5.56 uppers that I currently own, not cut down the 7.62 upper.
    I wanna see how well the Hornady ELD Match rounds do. I picked up a few boxes Friday night.

I managed to find the adapter from Brownells back in September. I paid just over 200 for it, but literally nobody had it in stock, and gunbroker wanted 300 or more depending on the seller. I mainly wanted it as it was the premise of the platform as being modular. Lol. Prolly never use it though.

How do you like the Vortex? Trying to convince a buddy at work to pick one up but he’s an incredible tight wad. Lol

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast