Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    How do you like the Vortex? Trying to convince a buddy at work to pick one up but he’s an incredible tight wad. Lol
    I think the Vortex PST 1-6x24 for $530 from DSG Arms with throw lever is the best bang for the buck out there.

And I say that after being an early adopter and my first scope had faulty illumination. The second one was one of the later batches and has been great. I like it so much that the Razor-E was a huge disappointment, which I returned and bought an NX-8. NX-8 is great but I don't like it on 308s but it's awesome on 5.56 ARs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I think the Vortex PST 1-6x24 for $530 from DSG Arms with throw lever is the best bang for the buck out there.

And I say that after being an early adopter and my first scope had faulty illumination. The second one was one of the later batches and has been great. I like it so much that the Razor-E was a huge disappointment, which I returned and bought an NX-8. NX-8 is great but I don't like it on 308s but it's awesome on 5.56 ARs.
    Cool. Then Ill try to persuade him into a Vortex if he decides on an LPVO. Ive herd good things about several models, but I have no firsthand experience with them. But by and large they appear to hold up well and stand behind their product. What was it that turned you off on the NX-8 for a 308? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What was it that turned you off on the NX-8 for a 308? Just curious.
    I think it can be used, but I personally lose the magnified sight picture under recoil with the CM762 with the NX-8 unless I'm really locked in - it's fine at 1x.

I had the same issue with my NF 2.5-10x24 on my SCAR 17. The Vortex PST / Razor eyebox is more forgiving all said. Or maybe I just suck with 308 semis.

Feedback Score
    I think it can be used, but I personally lose the magnified sight picture under recoil with the CM762 with the NX-8 unless I'm really locked in - it's fine at 1x.

I had the same issue with my NF 2.5-10x24 on my SCAR 17. The Vortex PST / Razor eyebox is more forgiving all said. Or maybe I just suck with 308 semis.
    Lol. Nah. Ive lost sight pictures with other optics and calibers before. It happens. Ive had scopes in the past where I was losing eye relief cuz the window was so small that it was annoying having to readjust for it after every shot. Lol

Feedback Score
    I got my Geissele SSP trigger in the mail today. Got it installed and there is no reset when holding the trigger and then releasing. Working the action after the trigger is pulled without holding it down resets it. Im wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the SSP and Colt tolerances with the lower. Ive read before that some 308 rifles have the issue with the SSP, but didn’t know if Colt did.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Brownells came through with my backorder for a spare bolt catch and bolt catch spring.

Feedback Score
    Brownells came through with my backorder for a spare bolt catch and bolt catch spring.
    Sweet! I was looking for springs last night but they weren’t available for backorder.

Feedback Score
    Arms unlimited still has the bcg in stock if you don’t already have one. I picked one up just for the bolt and firing pin and spring. Lol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I got my Geissele SSP trigger in the mail today. Got it installed and there is no reset when holding the trigger and then releasing. Working the action after the trigger is pulled without holding it down resets it. Im wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the SSP and Colt tolerances with the lower. Ive read before that some 308 rifles have the issue with the SSP, but didn’t know if Colt did.

Im running a G-SSA on my 6.5 with no issues, FWIW. I too would like to put a bigger optic to test accuracy. We shot some very tight groups with my Burris 1-8 so I gotta think with a 4-16- it just might be a one hole wonder. Such cool guns for so cheap, its crazy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Rhino, are you buying just to have backups in stock or....?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast