Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok I have me an M4 with Surefire light now help me with optics

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfyc84 View Post
    A padded sling isn't exactly necessary, if it is wide enough. Some people don't like padding because it can hang up on gear, but if you're not going to be wearing any then it is a non-issue.
    I agree - if the sling is wide enough the padding isn't necessary, but it's sure comfortable and it aids in preventing twisting. I haven't any gear hangup problems, but the most gear I ever wear is a simple chest harness with magazines across the front.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I agree - if the sling is wide enough the padding isn't necessary, but it's sure comfortable and it aids in preventing twisting. I haven't any gear hangup problems, but the most gear I ever wear is a simple chest harness with magazines across the front.
    You're right, I should have said 'if you're not going to wear very much.' The most I ever wear is a simple chest rig with a small camelbak, but my rifle isn't heavy either so I've never felt a need for padding. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Desiel,

Since you are not experienced my recommendation to you is to forget about an RDS/ optic and magnifier. Learn to use the iron sights. Use that money and get some ammo and seek out some professional training. You won't learn what is good and what isn't on the net. You will find out by actually using the weapon and seeing what works best for you.

You'll probably get a lot of opinions about a lot of stuff. Just read through some of the threads in the AR forums and you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Desiel View Post
    It's all Daniel Defense as it came from them when it was new. I am going to buy me some mags.

I am not experianced at all with ARs so I'm trying to learn what is good and what is not.

Ok where would you mount the 3x magnifier? Behind the rear sight or on some kind of riser so the Iron sights are still able to be used?

As far as a sling goes I'm thinking I like the Magpul Multi Mission Sling System so I can make it a single point attachment or I can use it like a regular rifle sling.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Desiel,

Since you are not experienced my recommendation to you is to forget about an RDS/ optic and magnifier. Learn to use the iron sights. Use that money and get some ammo and seek out some professional training. You won't learn what is good and what isn't on the net. You will find out by actually using the weapon and seeing what works best for you.

You'll probably get a lot of opinions about a lot of stuff. Just read through some of the threads in the AR forums and you'll see what I mean.
    That's some solid advice. Larry Vickers is teaching a basic carbine class in Carthage, NC, on November 21. Another good thing about attending a class is you'll get a chance to check out a variety of equipment.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Desiel,

Quote Originally Posted by bulbvivid View Post
    That's some solid advice. Larry Vickers is teaching a basic carbine class in Carthage, NC, on November 21. Another good thing about attending a class is you'll get a chance to check out a variety of equipment.
    Yeah no kidding, take that to the bank. I wish someone would have knocked me on the head when I started buying guns and said 'buy once, cry once, keep it simple and take a class!'

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm attending that class in Nov. Can't wait!

I've been shootin/hunting since I was in the 3rd grade. M16/M4 training all came from the military and owning a M4 a couple of times through the years. Even though this is a basic class it will be a good place to start and get proper training.

Feedback Score
    I guess I need to see if they are doing any classes in Knoxville or something... I guess I need to stick to the KISS lol... I do for sure want some panels for my rail any of you have some you wanna sell nice and cheap?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Desiel,

You have a good carbine. I can not stress enough what everyone else is saying. Get some magazines (I prefer the PMAG) and some ammunition. Get some good training.

Without good training and the ability to see what best suits your needs, you can quickly feel like a dog chasing your tail.

You can reach a point where different types or brands can serve well, but the difference comes down to the end user's preferences and specific needs.

Kind of like asking which super model you want to go out with tonight, the blond or the red head? Both can take care of your needs, just comes down to preference.

Feedback Score
    K got it lots of mags, ammo, and find a class ( I'm hoping they do one in Knoxville). I bought the CMMG 22 conversion kit so I could shoot the weapon alot with out such a big cost.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    when the hell did we start differentiating between "holo sights" and RDSs, and why would we bother? this is the second time i've heard someone make a distinction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast