Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ZEV OZ-9X Combat for US DOE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    In the history of DOE, how many people have they shot?
    How many people have they shot as an agency in the line of their duty, or how many people have been shot by their agents including those shot prior to employment by DOE?

That number is probably vastly different considering the pool of individuals DOE is recruiting from, last time I looked they really like former .mil folks with combat arms experience. Since we have some recent wartime experiences for the past 20 years, it is probably safe to say that there are plenty of these guys with quite a bit of experience in that department albeit gained prior to their current gig.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    How does the grip angle compare to a standard Glock? How much closer is it a Sig?
    Let's grab some guns off the display.

Without busting out a protractor; the Zev frame has a noticeably more vertical grip than my Gen3 G19. But I suspect some of that is due to the hump on the back of the G19 grip which does not appear on the Zev.

Compared to the M17 I have the Zev is every so slightly more angled. Meaning the M17 frame is ever so slightly more vertical.

The Zev appears to have a grip angle very similar to my M&P9 1.0

Not sure how my observations jives with the official specs, but it's what I am seeing right now.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Let's grab some guns off the display.

Without busting out a protractor; the Zev frame has a noticeably more vertical grip than my Gen3 G19. But I suspect some of that is due to the hump on the back of the G19 grip which does not appear on the Zev.

Compared to the M17 I have the Zev is every so slightly more angled. Meaning the M17 frame is ever so slightly more vertical.

The Zev appears to have a grip angle very similar to my M&P9 1.0

Not sure how my observations jives with the official specs, but it's what I am seeing right now.
    Thanks for doing that! I strongly prefer the Sig grip angle, it just points very naturally for me, but I do like certain things about the Glock platform. There may be a Zev in my future, or perhaps a Shadow Systems.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456