Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Home/Basement/Garage Gym Pictures?

Feedback Score
    Hopefully I'm a year away from having a home gym. Been a dream for a while.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradCMSP View Post
    Holding up well. The UHMW in the J cups is doing fine. You can tell it has been used, but is in good shape. The plastic has been kind to the bar's knurling.

I put the folding arms and brackets onto the uprights, and stood them against the wall to measure where they were going to land vs. using Rogue's measurements and recommendations. Mine is in the garage, and I have a 8" block base to the wall. Their suggestions would have required dealing with the block, so the bottom arms of mine are a few spaces higher.

The brackets have some play in them, so you can set it up so that the feet of the uprights are resting on the floor. I have stall mat under mine. Once installed, and static, I can't see this putting much load on the wall. I have my plates on a tree. I used 10' 2x10s as stringers, and Spax self-cutting lags.

I've never worried about its integrity in use, and the wife has never complained about it transmitting much through the house if she's inside (she uses it too). I usually am by myself, so don't go to complete failure, the spotter arms are more there for injury. I've only ever dumped one thing on the spotters, a 225 front squat, as a judge for what type of weight I lift (not much). Was dumped from the bottom of the hole so it wasn't a violent miss.

Folds up easy. Pull up bar could feel better in my hands, but I'm a sissy I guess. I'm used to ones that seem barbell like, this is more just a straight tube of metal.

Hope that helps.
    I ordered one of these with the spotter arms for the Florida home and I got an email from Rogue stating the arms should not be used with the wall mount racks and it poses a serious safety concern?

Exact statement is

"
    While processing your order, we noticed you purchased a set of Safety Spotter Arms with the Fold Back Rack.

This item is not recommended for use with the Fold Back Wall Mount due to serious safety concerns.

Would you like for us to remove this item from your order and issue a refund, or proceed with your order as is?
    "

Do you feel this is just them being overtly cautious or is it a legit concern? My guess is something might have happened to a user of these....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They have scrubbed the spotter arms from all of their pictures

Old pictures can be seen here.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1&pagenumber=1

New ones have them missing.
    http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-rm...all-mount-rack

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    so apparently people have been ripping the rack off their walls by dropping huge loads on the arms... not an issue for me since it will be going onto reinforced concrete.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Finally started putting my home gym together. I will be building a 3 piece deadlift platform this week (with the extra horse stall mat visible), portable 72" H x48" W "glassless mirror should arrive this week (didn't want to destroy my flag mural I worked hard on), life fitness arm curl bench (refurbed) & nautilus seated calf raise (with wheels) and 2 ton mini split will be installed this coming week (SWFL summer heat & humidity is out of control).

I'm also looking at either a refurbed commercial cable crossover to add or a Freemotion style functional trainer (with the movable arms). I'm also waiting for the Rogue rack mounted lat-pulldown/low row to come back into stock, I'll be picking that up with the GHD 2.0 & a few specialty bars (trap bar, multi grip bars). My Ironmaster dumbbells go to 120lbs but I'll be looking to pick up another set (or two) to make things more convenient.
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 04-14-17 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That whole thing, flag included, is awesome.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That whole thing, flag included, is awesome.
    Thank you, flag took some effort but well worth the time and effort.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    That's a nice gym you've put together. That flag looks fantastic.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    PatrioticDisorder, that's an awesome gym. I'm one of those people who works out better outside my home - I don't have the discipline/focus to work out hard at home. Too many distractions.

At the other extreme...the picture below pretty much sums up our home gym. There's actually quite a lot we can do with just those few things.
    doorgym.jpg

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post

Finally started putting my home gym together. I will be building a 3 piece deadlift platform this week (with the extra horse stall mat visible), portable 72" H x48" W "glassless mirror should arrive this week (didn't want to destroy my flag mural I worked hard on), life fitness arm curl bench (refurbed) & nautilus seated calf raise (with wheels) and 2 ton mini split will be installed this coming week (SWFL summer heat & humidity is out of control).

I'm also looking at either a refurbed commercial cable crossover to add or a Freemotion style functional trainer (with the movable arms). I'm also waiting for the Rogue rack mounted lat-pulldown/low row to come back into stock, I'll be picking that up with the GHD 2.0 & a few specialty bars (trap bar, multi grip bars). My Ironmaster dumbbells go to 120lbs but I'll be looking to pick up another set (or two) to make things more convenient.
    Nice set up. How do you like those Ironmaster DBs?

I like them for what they are. I did pick up a set of the longer screws for the 160 lb add on and it lets you take one DB to 180.

Also have some of those COC grippers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast