Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 77gr Nosler CC load?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecloud View Post
    If you are trying to build somewhat precision rounds, then by all means, you should sort your brass. If I am just building practice/plinker ammo, I will use mixed. All brands of brass have considerably different case volumes and case thickness.
    I'll run most brass mixed... PMC, LC, FC, R-P, etc. because they're close enough. But M.E.N. was too different to run mixed in. I agree though... for plinker, I wouldn't mind.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'll run most brass mixed... PMC, LC, FC, R-P, etc. because they're close enough. But M.E.N. was too different to run mixed in. I agree though... for plinker, I wouldn't mind.
    You also shouldn't run max loads if your running mixed brass unless you know your max load will not exceed your smallest volume case abilities. But then again, why would you run max loads for plinker stuff.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokecloud View Post
    You also shouldn't run max loads if your running mixed brass unless you know your max load will not exceed your smallest volume case abilities. But then again, why would you run max loads for plinker stuff.
    Agreed. I'll generally leave 100 fps cushion to allow for that type of stuff for blaster ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Agreed. I'll generally leave 100 fps cushion to allow for that type of stuff for blaster ammo.
    So when you worked up to the 22.8gr H322, was that sorted brass?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    So when you worked up to the 22.8gr H322, was that sorted brass?
    Yes.... sorted to LC, FC, etc. Standard stuff. I'll sort off stuff like Wolf Gold because I don't know the weight/internal capacity.

Feedback Score
    Do you separate the brass into respective batches? I ask because MEN brass shot 40 fps faster than standard L.C., F.C, etc. brass.

I can't remember if I weighed it, but I did chrono it, and the internal case volume must be less because I got more velocity out of it.
    Hello Mark,
    Yes, I separate all of my brass according to the head stamp. I prepare all of my brass in 100 round batches. Re-size, trim to length, de-burr the flash-hole, ream out the primer pocket, and tumble clean in corn cob media. Brass preparation takes me some time, but I think that it makes a difference. I've shot some tight groups as compared to some factory loads that I have tried.

P.S. I need to get myself a chronograph and a Dillon 550 too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    Yes, I separate all of my brass according to the head stamp. I prepare all of my brass in 100 round batches.
    I'd like to be able to do that. But we shoot too sloppy.... jumping from gun to gun... some suppressed. I mostly just keep similar brass batched off, and sort off unknown head stamps.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mixed brass has given us sub moa groups for years. Often when we go for the tightest possible group, we will sort through the bucket and get 5 the same, but this mixed brass practice has not hurt us. Not ideal, but we bang steel more than anything. Even our slamming ammo is 62gr BTHP that we can take to 750 with mixed brass.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    We run 21.6-21.8 for the "house" load. Outstanding in any AR and a great long range round out to 1000 yards in the bolt gun.

I've been going over max at 22.8 with some 77 gr TMKs recently that give a more 5.56ish pressure and performance.
    I found a pound of H322 in the closet that I forgot I had so I loaded some 73gr Berger’s over 21.8gr to see how they’d shoot in some of our guns. We shot them out of 5 different AR’s and had excellent results. Too bad H322 seems to be as hard to find as XBR8208 around here.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Tagged for interest. I have 2 boxes of the Nosler 77gr CC sitting on the shelf. No H322 though. Only IMR 4064, 4895 and TAC. If I ever find Varget again, I will probably buy the supply. Lol. Good info, thanks.
    Have you found a good SBR/SPR load with the 77gr CC?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast