Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    This one if about the pivot from traditional classroom instruction to the flipped classroom to online and virtual flipped classroom. Captivating, I know....
    Actually, I need to read that. Where’d you publish it?

(I’m not sorry about sidebarring this thread)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Actually, I need to read that. Where’d you publish it?

(I’m not sorry about sidebarring this thread)
    I submitted it to the Journal of Nursing Education. Has not been accepted yet. Fingers crossed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I submitted it to the Journal of Nursing Education. Has not been accepted yet. Fingers crossed.
    Roger, thanks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Relevant to the topic…

I’ve had a 508t for a while, purchased lightly used here on the EE. My old Master Trainer (SEAL) has used one for awhile, also, and loves it. Another buddy has been using a 407 or 507 (I’m not sure which) for a few years and is enamored. We’ve chucked at trees and steel targets to see if it would hold zero, and it did. I’ve not shot mine enough to verify its durability and ability to hold zero after getting whacked, but I did run it on an AK gas tube mount for a bit. I just moved it to my 19.5 with a CHPWS plate, and did some dry practice. So take this with a several grains of chinese salt.

The dot is more crisp than my RMR. The window size doesn’t look like a huge difference, but its larger enough, or something, that the dot is harder to lose, and more forgiving to deliberately shitty presentation technique. Battery is still running. I genuinely think it might be a better optic, if durability and zero hold is good. It pains me greatly to say that because no one hates china more than I do. Small sample size.

I’ll let y’all know in a few months what I think of it on the G19. This situation is very disappointing, and I’m as pissed off as Yoni. I might end up with a 509 within this year, too.

Its got a PMM barrel and comp and a TLR VIR II, so its not like I’m a cheapwad. Hell, I bought the Gen 5 because I was tired of trying to find spring replacements in stock for my main beater.

More to follow.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I like the 509T a lot, but I love my Leupold Delta Micro.

I like the reticle on the holosun, but love the genius of the Delta Micro.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    It pains me to admit it, significantly, but a friend got a 508 around Christmas, and as soon as I looked through it, it was over for me. I didn’t need corrective lenses for the dot to maintain its shape. I’ve got time on various pistol-mounted dots, but Holosun’s glass and reticles pull their pants down and shit on everything I’ve used prior. I ate crow and bought the 507 Vulcan. The “training wheels” seems like a meme, but there’s absolutely times you can’t get a perfect presentation (think, on your ass, and shooting one-handed). Even if it doesn’t hold up, I’ll replace it with the same model if it fails; the benefits are too tangible, for me.

Relevant to the topic…

I’ve had a 508t for a while, purchased lightly used here on the EE. My old Master Trainer (SEAL) has used one for awhile, also, and loves it. Another buddy has been using a 407 or 507 (I’m not sure which) for a few years and is enamored. We’ve chucked at trees and steel targets to see if it would hold zero, and it did. I’ve not shot mine enough to verify its durability and ability to hold zero after getting whacked, but I did run it on an AK gas tube mount for a bit. I just moved it to my 19.5 with a CHPWS plate, and did some dry practice. So take this with a several grains of chinese salt.

The dot is more crisp than my RMR. The window size doesn’t look like a huge difference, but its larger enough, or something, that the dot is harder to lose, and more forgiving to deliberately shitty presentation technique. Battery is still running. I genuinely think it might be a better optic, if durability and zero hold is good. It pains me greatly to say that because no one hates china more than I do. Small sample size.

I’ll let y’all know in a few months what I think of it on the G19. This situation is very disappointing, and I’m as pissed off as Yoni. I might end up with a 509 within this year, too.

Its got a PMM barrel and comp and a TLR VIR II, so its not like I’m a cheapwad. Hell, I bought the Gen 5 because I was tired of trying to find spring replacements in stock for my main beater.

More to follow.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 03-11-22 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I like the 509T a lot, but I love my Leupold Delta Micro.

I like the reticle on the holosun, but love the genius of the Delta Micro.
    The Delta micro seems like a brilliant low profile option
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    It pains me to admit it, significantly, but a friend got a 508 around Christmas, and as soon as I looked through it, it was over for me. I didn’t need corrective lenses for the dot to maintain its shape. I’ve got time on various pistol-mounted dots, but Holosun’s glass and reticles pull their pants down and shit on everything I’ve used prior. I ate crow and bought the 507 Vulcan. The “training wheels” seems like a meme, but there’s absolutely times you can’t get a perfect presentation (think, on your ass, and shooting one-handed). Even if it doesn’t hold up, I’ll replace it with the same model if it fails; the benefits are too tangible, for me.

I don’t really think the ACSS Vulcan is meme grade. I still lose my dot sometimes, mainly shooting weak hand. If I get a 509, I might get the one with that reticle.

For people that don’t have a ton of presentations for muscle memory prior to transitioning to dots, this might make it less intimidating, and might save them a few bucks on BUIS, in addition to the 507 itself being pretty affordable.

The chevron might also make sense. Fine point for further shots, and just cover the target up close.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Yeah man. Outside of that perfect, squared up presentation it’s easy to have to fish for the dot. I’ve not had the chance to let it stretch its legs past 25, but I’ll be very curious to see how the BDC holds translate into reality at 50 and 100.

Right on with the cover target point/click. Same procedure for the EOTech translates right over.

I don’t really think the ACSS Vulcan is meme grade. I still lose my dot sometimes, mainly shooting weak hand. If I get a 509, I might get the one with that reticle.

For people that don’t have a ton of presentations for muscle memory prior to transitioning to dots, this might make it less intimidating, and might save them a few bucks on BUIS, in addition to the 507 itself being pretty affordable.

The chevron might also make sense. Fine point for further shots, and just cover the target up close.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I just can’t bite the Chinese optic bullet. Been tempted by the 509t in the past. Waiting on the acro.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast