Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon Prop 114

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    And here is what is going on in Orgon thanks to 114, gun shops are stopping private transfers or closing up all together. (pardon the link to a local forum)

Gun stores which have stopped transfers.
    This is insanity.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    But, but Bruen? This is standard MO for the Leftists in this country- pass a law that is blatantly unconstitutional knowing that it may eventually be overturned but it doesn’t matter as most of the damage will be irreversible. Mission accomplished either way.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I read a liberal article about why 114 is so important. It cited the 2021 gun deaths in Oregon as to why: 600 deaths, 77 percent of which were suicides. Oregon doesn’t have a gun violence problem anymore than it has a suicide problem, those numbers are laughably low.

So sorry for my brethren in Oregon. 30k voters decided to trample the rights of 900k law abiding citizens. This happened to us in Colorado. We recalled politicians, and yet the laws remain on the books. Not a single person follows them, and I’ve never personally seen them enforced, but that doesn’t change the fact that you could be charged at any moment.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    And here is what is going on in Orgon thanks to 114, gun shops are stopping private transfers or closing up all together. (pardon the link to a local forum)

Gun stores which have stopped transfers.
    Because they are overwhelmed or due to a provision in the new bill?

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are so many already waiting on the BCG to clear that they won't get to them before it goes into effect.
    That and some are running out of room to store the guns that are waiting.

Unreal that people waited till the last second to buy something.
    This makes the covid rush look tame.

I didn't get caught up in that idiocy either, I learned that lesson a long time ago.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I read a liberal article about why 114 is so important. It cited the 2021 gun deaths in Oregon as to why: 600 deaths, 77 percent of which were suicides.
    Oregon was the first State with an assisted suicide law.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Everyone I know is rushing out to try and buy things. Most don’t have the funds since inflation has put a hurting on their cash flow. I don’t need anything right now so I’m not feeling too much pressure but this crap is ridiculous. I’m betting lots of gun and sporting goods stores go out of business. From the perspective of gun control advocates that alone will be a win. SCOTUS needs to kill this crap. I truly don’t understand how a purchase permit is different than voting fee which was found unconstitutional.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My thoughts when I saw this were:
    The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting.
    Hunters who are not pu$$ies can just drive to another state and buy all the rifles and ammo they need to hunt. There is no ethical requirement to follow unconstitutional laws and the federal law allows out of state rifle purchases.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I read a liberal article about why 114 is so important. It cited the 2021 gun deaths in Oregon as to why: 600 deaths, 77 percent of which were suicides. Oregon doesn’t have a gun violence problem anymore than it has a suicide problem, those numbers are laughably low.

So sorry for my brethren in Oregon. 30k voters decided to trample the rights of 900k law abiding citizens. This happened to us in Colorado. We recalled politicians, and yet the laws remain on the books. Not a single person follows them, and I’ve never personally seen them enforced, but that doesn’t change the fact that you could be charged at any moment.
    Yep. The lack of enforcement is not a problem for them, since they really don’t care. What they want is for bombarding people to realize that owning guns becomes such a liability that they either don’t buy them, don’t move here, move away, and just get out of “the gun culture“. Criminals carry even less about these laws because they know they won’t be affected by them unless they get caught for something else far more important.

These laws are the ultimate in progressive stupidity. They are nothing more than virtue signaling, don’t cost really anything to implement, and a pain for actual gun owners.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast