Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RANGE REPORT: GEN 1 S&W SHIELD 9mm UPDATE: DEAD TRIGGER

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks guys for the info & encouraging words. Sam- thanks for the pics brother.
    Ill say one more thing about the Shield- its as small a handgun as I myself can use- how in the heck yall can run the tiny LCP's & such is beyond me. Ive got big hands and the Shield is as small as Ill go.
    Yall keep the info coming- and if anyone hears of a well made plug for the Gen 1 frame/safety hole...holla at a brotha!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thanks guys for the info & encouraging words. Sam- thanks for the pics brother.
    Ill say one more thing about the Shield- its as small a handgun as I myself can use- how in the heck yall can run the tiny LCP's & such is beyond me. Ive got big hands and the Shield is as small as Ill go.
    Yall keep the info coming- and if anyone hears of a well made plug for the Gen 1 frame/safety hole...holla at a brotha!
    I can't explain what it is about the LCP but the overall shape and pinky extension works. Not ideal and definitely not a main carry gun but for what it is it actually works pretty damn good, especially for someone like me who prefers large grips like Beretta, G21...etc.. Better than some larger guns I've owned.

I had the original 9 shield. Bought during their rebate time frame. Ended up trading it. The grip didn't feel right, too thin. But more importantly the trigger was just bad and I'm not a trigger snob. It would pull back, hit a wall, then you'd have to put a lot more strength to overcome something and it would fire. Because of that it would string the shots. I would get a nice up and down string. After careful examination that little "something" turned out to be the trigger safety tab contacting the frame just enough to get caught on.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've only got about 300 rounds with the Hyve but no issues so far. I put Trijicon HD's on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    I've only got about 300 rounds with the Hyve but no issues so far. I put Trijicon HD's on it.
    Im gonna get a couple to test and try out soon. Got to get more mags tho.
    FYI- BROWNELLS has a good deal going now...5 8rnd mags for $99.99 with free shipping.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Im gonna get a couple to test and try out soon. Got to get more mags tho.
    FYI- BROWNELLS has a good deal going now...5 8rnd mags for $99.99 with free shipping.
    Thanks for the heads up.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I have a G1 Shield9. Finger placement is paramount in accuracy in my experience with it. Using the tip of my finger it goes all over the place. Pretty much nowadays it hangs loaded on the safe door. The Taurus G2 Millennium is about the same size and thickness with 12+1. I love the "shit-N-git" trigger. The G2C has a little bit better trigger.

Dry firing the 2.0Shield, I really like the trigger!

Feedback Score
    I can also echo the praise for the gen 1 shield 9mm, it was the ex's carry gun. Shot it a fair amount myself, don't ever recall any malfunctions. Accurate for a gun its size too.

As far as holsters, I had got a holster out of Highnoon Holsters for a different gun and was impressed with what they delivered. They do have budget models (I wasn't interested in them.) but I went with one of what I would call their medium grade holsters (Speed Spanky in leather for an Walther PPS) and loved it. I'd show pictures but that was pre-divorce (yes it had said "per-divorce" and I changed it to what I meant!)
    Last edited by duramaxtech; 12-05-18 at 15:14.
    "You might shoot better with a better gun, but a better gun doesn't make you a better shooter" ....... (me)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bumped to the top with UPDATE in op.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +p should be fine occasionally

Have no experience with Tatra oil. Never heard of it. Honestly I don't really buy into these fancy lubes. I can see some of their benefits if my firearms were exposed to the elements but they're not. Gun comes out to the range for a day then back in the safe.even with taking classes only one time did I manage to get caught in light snow that later turned into a steady drizzle. I usually reach for whatever is closest, be it hopes, CLP, RemOil or whatever.

Dis you get oil into the striker channel? I don't know about S&W but generally those are supposed to stay dry
    Last edited by Arik; 12-05-18 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    Bumped to the top with UPDATE in op.
    How does the sear spring feel? Trigger spring? Positive?
    I would take the whole trigger apart and clean and inspect for something floating around, and see if theres anywhere it can bind.

Was the dead trigger in the forward (reset) or stuck in the rear position?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast