Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Getting maced during training?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Funny this thread should pop up in the new posts, I switched agencies and am 3/4 of the way through a second academy (this time federal) and I was just OC sprayed last Tuesday. I ended up at the health unit that night, and the nurse practitioner said I was having a bad allergic reaction to it. The stuff we were sprayed with here seems to have been a bit nastier than the stuff I got at my other academy. It wasn't until Wednesday in the late afternoon that my eyes had recovered. I believe that's the last time I will switch agencies, since I reacted very similarly the first time and apparently I'm allergic to it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What worked for me:

Water + Baby Shampoo at first, then straight water followed by fresh air and "strobing" my eyes by blinking fast.

I also stripped nude outside the barracks, double bagging my clothes in contractor bags. Those were washed at a laundromat with a heavy duty degreaser.

As for the after effects, I took a HOT shower to open up my pores. It lit me on fire again, but not as bad and for not as long. Lean over, you don't want OC on teh ballz.

After that drink 14 PBRs and go to sleep.
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My long sleeve shirt is still out in the garage from like 2 years ago.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    wow, i completely forgot about this thread. all great suggestions guys, but i changed my major and will no longer be doing law enforcement

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    About two months ago I bought my wife two different kinds of oc, saber red and fox labs 5.3. I wanted to test how effective they where, and show my wife that someone determined enough could still do a lot of damage after being sprayed. We did the saber red first and I thought this isn't bad. About an hour later we did the 5.3 and it was by far the worst out of the two, I tried water and that made it worse(much worse wen the water ran down my pants) like others have said time and fresh air seemed to work the best. Later this week I get to take a ride from the taser X26 and c2 so my wife can see what they are like. Anyway good luck don't panic and control your breathing or you will choke.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody knows View Post
    About two months ago I bought my wife two different kinds of oc, saber red and fox labs 5.3. I wanted to test how effective they where, and show my wife that someone determined enough could still do a lot of damage after being sprayed. We did the saber red first and I thought this isn't bad. About an hour later we did the 5.3 and it was by far the worst out of the two, I tried water and that made it worse(much worse wen the water ran down my pants) like others have said time and fresh air seemed to work the best. Later this week I get to take a ride from the taser X26 and c2 so my wife can see what they are like. Anyway good luck don't panic and control your breathing or you will choke.
    I've taken a ride once and been drive stunned twice with an X26, I'm afraid of that demon machine. I would take the OC over it.
    Last edited by .45fmjoe; 11-02-11 at 05:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    I've taken a ride once and been drive stunned twice with an X26, I'm afraid of that demon machine. I would take the OC over it.
    Lol that's what I have been told by some of my LE friends, I'm not really looking forword to it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody knows View Post
    About two months ago I bought my wife two different kinds of oc, saber red and fox labs 5.3. I wanted to test how effective they where, and show my wife that someone determined enough could still do a lot of damage after being sprayed. We did the saber red first and I thought this isn't bad. About an hour later we did the 5.3 and it was by far the worst out of the two,
    I'm wondering if only having an hour of recovery impacted how the 5.3 felt. I mean.. your pores could have been wide open still from the first blast.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm wondering if only having an hour of recovery impacted how the 5.3 felt. I mean.. your pores could have been wide open still from the first blast.
    I'm sure it had more of an effect because of that fact, and since you brought that up I wanted to test it again. But this time I just used the 5.3. So after I got hit with the taser x26 and the c2 yesterday I had my wife give me a real good spray......and it still hurt like f¿€k lol. But it wasn't quit as bad as wen I did the one wright after the other. On a side note the X26 is probably the best tool the police have at their disposal for the job It's intended to do. That thing is not fun at all. I took one cartridge,and then had her hit me again with the same cartridge wen I tried to stand up. Then we removed the cartridge and I took two contact shots. You sure as hell stop doing whatever it is that the person using it wants you to stop doing lol. I don't think I will be giving that another go.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I will take the Taser over OC any day. Done both a number of times as well as CS a bunch in the Military. Taser me daily over OC or CS once a week.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast