Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14.5 with mini can or 11.5 with full size can?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Short is good. I genuinely disdain breathing GSR though. So hard to hush the 5.56. That crack is tough to get rid of without degrading to subsonic and then wouldn't 22 be adequate?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    10.3” with a mini can.

I know DocSherm is a slut for 12.5” guns, but we really couldn’t tell a difference between a 10.3” with a Mini4 vs full size can. I think Nightchief and RobertTheTexan would also agree.

It’s so light and small.

It was hard to tell the difference. And there was almost no difference with my 12.5 with the same Mini4 next to you.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I like the 11.5 with full size...and it breathes fire like a dragon!

Attachment 63043

In all seriousness, I’d prefer to run something like a Sandman K to reduce the weight on the nose and make it easier to maneuver.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I like the 11.5 with full size...and it breathes fire like a dragon!

Attachment 63043

In all seriousness, I’d prefer to run something like a Sandman K to reduce the weight on the nose and make it easier to maneuver.

We are going to have to educate you on this whole picture thing.........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I strongly prefer a full size can on a SBR. It may be the powders I use but the mini cans breathe fire like a dragon in low light whereas flash is small like a match stick with a full size can. I can also tell the difference in noise pretty easily.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    11.5" w/ mini (turbo k)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin118 View Post
    I strongly prefer a full size can on a SBR. It may be the powders I use but the mini cans breathe fire like a dragon in low light whereas flash is small like a match stick with a full size can. I can also tell the difference in noise pretty easily.
    That depends on a lot. The can. Ammo used.

Nightchief’s gun was longer than mine and had a full size Surefire can and had that kind of flash.

I had no such thing with the same ammo shooting right next to him.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I prefer mini suppressors on 5.56 rifles, but still use my AAC 762-SDN6 on my 14.5" Noveske AR-15 simply because I've used it on that rifle forever. I've also shot it with my Saker-K but that usually lives on my 11.5" SBR.

And lets be honest, while 5.56 is hard to suppress - odds are you'll have electronic ear pro on while shooting them for a number of reasons (comms, better hearing acuity while hunting, poors nearby shooting without suppressors, etc) - so to me the biggest thing is overall weight / feel of the combo and no gas to the face.

Feedback Score
    I had the same dilemma so I just went ahead and purchased both the Mini and RC2. Gonna put the Mini on my 11.5 to keep it short. If it’s unbearably loud than I’ll swap it out. It’s a duty gun and I want to keep it short. Cans are still locked up awaiting tax stamp though. I also have a 14.5 and 11.5. My vote is to just get both.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m working on a 4 and 5” mini cans at the moment. Dead air mounts etc. so kinda like a sandman k but a little smaller. Figure the 4” should come out around 10oz so I have pretty high hopes for them on 14.5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast