Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: S&W's New 351C .22 Magnum Revolver

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I purchased a S&W 351C a few months ago. It's a great, little, light weight revolver. At the range it was accurate, but there was one small problem. I wanted to fire 150 rounds on this particular day. As I got close to 100 rounds the revolver was heating up. The revolver stopped rotating with rounds in the cylinder, and became very difficult to eject spent rounds. What happened was the aluminum cylinder became hot, and expanded, which binded up the revolver. Once cooled down to room temp., everything worked ok. So don't get them to hot, and the revolver should work fine.
    "Among the men who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common virtue."
    - Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, US Navy, 16 March 1945.

Feedback Score
    I personally like the idea
    For sensitive,as in recoil sensitive shooters, we settled on a Ruger sp101 in 327 mag
    We use fiochi 32 sw long wadcutters for low recoil stuff and if a person just can't shoot the 32 hr
    mags or 327 she/he can shoot the full patch wadcutters which are centerfire and better than rimfire but for practice that 22 mag is way way cheaper!

Feedback Score
    Mine showed up yesterday. I'll give a report from my 1 5/8 mini mag soon.

Feedback Score
    I find myself very interested in the S&W 351c. And I feel comfortable with the caliber for my wife to carry. (she has a small amount of recoil fear with her LCP, just enough fear that she doesn't practice enough)

I saw this months article in "Shooting Times" magazine on the .22WMR as a defensive round.

What surprises me is the price these things (351c) are going for!!

They are NOT titanium or scandium or GOLD (lol). I just thought a .22WMR revolver would be somewhat more "obtainable".
    $$$$$$

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    I find myself very interested in the S&W 351c. And I feel comfortable with the caliber for my wife to carry. (she has a small amount of recoil fear with her LCP, just enough fear that she doesn't practice enough)

I saw this months article in "Shooting Times" magazine on the .22WMR as a defensive round.

They are NOT titanium or scandium or GOLD (lol). I just thought a .22WMR revolver would be somewhat more "obtainable".
    $$$$$$
    The 7 shot cylinder 351C Airlite lists for $689.00.

The 5 shot cylinder 360PD Airlite lists for $1019.00.

Lower priced ammunition, doesn't correlate to a lower priced gun.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post

$$$$$$
    We offer them for a pretty cheap price (compared to list). Drop us a line if interested.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We offer them for a pretty cheap price (compared to list). Drop us a line if interested.

C4
    Yes, but you sell the .38 or .357 for a cheap price compared to list as well.

The point is, expecting a 7 shot .22 magnum to sell for less than the same type of gun in a 5 shot .38 or .357, makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Yes, but you sell the .38 or .357 for a cheap price compared to list as well.

The point is, expecting a 7 shot .22 magnum to sell for less than the same type of gun in a 5 shot .38 or .357, makes no sense.
    Correct. The .38's are mass produced. There is no way to get a .22 or .22MAG down to those prices (as they just don't make many of them).

C4

Feedback Score
    In that short barrel, does 22 mag defeat class IIIA armor?

If so, then would it be a good backup gun for police who may have to deal with sophisticated, armored drug cartel people?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabazz View Post
    In that short barrel, does 22 mag defeat class IIIA armor?

If so, then would it be a good backup gun for police who may have to deal with sophisticated, armored drug cartel people?
    Huh??

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast