Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Straight 8s available for the M&P

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I put my straight 8s on a few hours ago. It went fairly easy. I needed to remove a small amount from the bottom of both sights. The M&P sight tool is a near "must have" for the project. I measured the front sight to be .130 wide and the rear notch to be .140 wide. These are the standard sights, not the wide notch. I'll zero on Friday am.

Mike

Feedback Score
    That's a great shot of the back cut on the rear. Is that Black T or phosphate?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M16A1 View Post
    That's a great shot of the back cut on the rear. Is that Black T or phosphate?
    Its not Black T. Its the same finish as all of the Hienie sights.

Mike

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Map,

Great pics, Thanks! I really dig the profile of the Heinie rear sight. Looks real good!

Feedback Score
    I am considering the M&P 45 and the Heinie QWIK 8's look like a good option. I like the fact that these are Tritium and the rear notch is wider than the width of the front sight. Novak seems to offer something similar to the Heine I just cant figure what model it is. I seem to recall another sight that has different colored Tritium front and rear with a U notch, what brand of sight is this? Any opinions on which one is best and why? Remember this is a tactical pistol not a 1911 target model. I want to reach in the nightstand, flip on the X300, take aim, and go bang bang.
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by POF.Ops View Post
    I seem to recall another sight that has different colored Tritium front and rear with a U notch, what brand of sight is this?
    If you're thinking of the Warren Tactical, it's not a u-notch. A lot of people call it that (include the company's webmaster, to Scott's chagrin) but there's really a pretty substantial difference which is why the sight bridges the gap between the benefits of a square notch and the benefits of a u-notch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123