Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CZ is buying Colt Acquisition

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Looks like it is official per CZ's FB page.

We are very pleased with another important milestone in the history of the CZ brand. Our parent group CZG has agreed on purchase of the American small arms manufacturer Colt. After the completion of the transaction, the legendary Colt brand will become the new sister company of CZUB.

https://www.facebook.com/CZfirearms/...068511/?type=3
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I love how CZ has resisted the MIMening when even the Teutonic gun brands are falling for it.
    Thats awesome. WITHOUT getting into the "its just as good as steel" argument, to me, that is just a small indication they want to build quality stuff. If manufacterers keep doing "just as good as" short-cuts, like MIM & Nitride instead of chrome lined barrels..and YES I have both, they are great for most of us including me, are we really getting weapons that are "just as good as" they way they used to be made? Ive often wondered just how much price savings a MIM part over steel is, cant be THAT much can it?
    Anyway..Colt, Remington & others have NO ONE to blame but themselves & Im glad to see someone who apparently cares, buy Colt & maybe restore it to its former glory, or close to it.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This is fantastic news. Should help w Biden’s coming EOs and give them a bigger portfolio all around
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    This is the best news of the day. Colt needs all the help they can get, hopefully that includes an escape from CT.
    Last edited by Vandal; 02-12-21 at 11:43.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If this rids Colt of the gross mismanagement that has been their hallmark for decades, brings innovation, variety and retains quality then I'm for it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I hope that this will mean Colt monolithic MLOK rifles for those of us in the US

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    If this rids Colt of the gross mismanagement that has been their hallmark for decades, brings innovation, variety and retains quality then I'm for it.
    Colt management problems are deeply entrenched, much like HK they have an over reliance on govt contracts thinking that is how to keep the lights on and the union paid. The best thing CZ could do when they officially get the keys is to fire everyone not directly involved in production then promptly move the entire company out of CT. CZ has their work cut out for them if they want to save Colt from itself.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    At least it wasnt Freedom Arms. They would put a nail in their coffin.

Feedback Score
    How would Freedom Arms, a tiny semi-custom single action revolver maker in Freedom, Wyoming even acquire Colt’s MFG?

Even if they did, I’m pretty sure the level of quality you’d see on some of the Colt products would rise to Korth/Manurhin/Freedom Arms quality on the DA revolvers. The rest would be totally out of Freedom Arms’ wheelhouse.

Perhaps you meant Freedom Group?

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Lol. Yes I meant Freedom Group. Im such a dummy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast