Page 38 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    There is a thread titled "Covid 19 Sci/med discussions only" that deals with the medical aspect. This thread is to discuss Covid Shutdowns.

We cannot discuss political motives, reporting irregularities, or good old conspiracy theories in that thread, why are we discussing Covid 19 medical concerns in this one?

Andy
    Good point. Please try to keep content as square as we can. There is some obvious crossover, but it will help.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Damn. Renal failure due to the micro-clots associated with COVID is one of the most common complications as it progresses (obviously not all COVID patients), then you have hepatic and cardiac failure (MI's) also. There are choices being made in a triage sense like this that are disturbing. Yeah I get the why of it, but how would you like to be the unlucky COVID patient who started to go into acute renal failure and before this was relatively healthy?

Not being critical, just that tough choices are being made utilizing relatively limited resources.

This is once again becoming a cluster-fvck.
    Which may be due to an increase in Factor V due to increased production of ROS - > Inflammation.

See:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...id-19-outcomes

And:

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/21/12/4259/htm
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Don't do as you're told? The State will come after you, comrade.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-sec...sregard-of-law

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo slammed a Hasidic synagogue for a massive secret wedding in Brooklyn earlier this month, calling it a "blatant disregard of law."

“If that happened …It was a blatant disregard of the law. It was illegal. It was also disrespectful to the people of New York,” Cuomo said Sunday. "The city should do a robust investigation."

According to videos obtained by the New York Post, a large crowd of maskless guests were seen packed shoulder-to-shoulder in Yetev Lev temple in Williamsburg on Nov. 8. The Satmar synagogue has a maximum capacity of 7,000.

“It’s my information the city is investigating," Cuomo said. "They should investigate, and if 7,000 people were at a wedding, I’m sure they’ll be able to figure it out, and then we’ll bring the full consequences of legal action to bear.”

City Hall spokesperson Avery Cohen confirmed to FOX News that the city is conducting an investigation into the incident and will "hold those accountable to the fullest extent of the law."
    And yet, Cuomo is held up as the shining example for Covid response...

If 7,000 people attended that wedding, it's because they wanted to be there and their fear of catching Covid is minimal. As I told someone at a ball game recently, people don't go to large gatherings if they fear catching Covid. They go because they aren't worried about catching Covid.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Don't do as you're told? The State will come after you, comrade.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-sec...sregard-of-law

And yet, Cuomo is held up as the shining example for Covid response...

If 7,000 people attended that wedding, it's because they wanted to be there and their fear of catching Covid is minimal. As I told someone at a ball game recently, people don't go to large gatherings if they fear catching Covid. They go because they aren't worried about catching Covid.
    Cuomo is a piece of dog crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I rest my case. Let it go. The hospitals are beyond capacity. Repeat all the rhetoric (which is largely being perpetrated by a foreign disinformation campaign) you want but it doesn’t change the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The hospitals in my area (including a University hospital) haven't had more than 12 covid patients since the beginning. Thats not any where near capacity. Its something I've kept up with because I'm there several times per week.
    You guys are out in the sticks, you were going to get overrun, almost by design. Where are ICU beds, and docs, and nurses.

Here in CO we are seeing more infections and more hospitalizations, but they aren't near over running capacity. THey haven't even stopped elective surgeries AFIAK. No it's not good, and with the way the math works, you have to be two weeks to a month ahead in planning. They build a hospital in the Conference center and haven't touched it yet.

Almost seems like an anomaly. Not more than 12 hospitalized at once in an area? I think 220k and 4K deaths. That’s on par with my state and we are being overrun. We’ve got more than 12 on vents right now and I’m in a rural area.

Rural areas are going to be the last areas affected and have the least resources. Nothing magical about that in an internationally sourced pandemic.

I'll second that the testing is completely jacked, and the proof is that you don't need negative tests to come back to full school/life. If these things were giving real useful info and we were worried about transmission, we'd have stricter repeat testing. We have all kinds of families with one or two members our of 5-6 that pop positive and no one else in a close household positive. Way to many positives and negatives of people in close proximity where everyone should have it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/europ...ntl/index.html

When does this end? Vaccines? Opps, the Oxford/Zeneca one is 65% effective, not 94% when used in a slightly different regime. And this is the efficacy under the best conditions and patients. How effective will it be?

So we have testing that is largely worthless, and even if you tried to use it for containment people would not comply, and vaccines with variable efficacy, while we all wear useless masks.

That doesn't point to a quick end to this.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You guys are out in the sticks, you were going to get overrun, almost by design. Where are ICU beds, and docs, and nurses.

Here in CO we are seeing more infections and more hospitalizations, but they aren't near over running capacity. THey haven't even stopped elective surgeries AFIAK. No it's not good, and with the way the math works, you have to be two weeks to a month ahead in planning. They build a hospital in the Conference center and haven't touched it yet.

Rural areas are going to be the last areas affected and have the least resources. Nothing magical about that in an internationally sourced pandemic.

I'll second that the testing is completely jacked, and the proof is that you don't need negative tests to come back to full school/life. If these things were giving real useful info and we were worried about transmission, we'd have stricter repeat testing. We have all kinds of families with one or two members our of 5-6 that pop positive and no one else in a close household positive. Way to many positives and negatives of people in close proximity where everyone should have it.

When does this end? Vaccines? Opps, the Oxford/Zeneca one is 65% effective, not 94% when used in a slightly different regime. And this is the efficacy under the best conditions and patients. How effective will it be?

So we have testing that is largely worthless, and even if you tried to use it for containment people would not comply, and vaccines with variable efficacy, while we all wear useless masks.

Thank you for showing us your shoes.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for showing us your shoes.

Are you having a stroke?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Are you having a stroke?
    Know but it’s always nice to see those in clown shoes out themselves as those that know literally nothing about the topic which they have such strong feelings about.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I largely agree, but a point about vaccines: There have been bivalent and trivalent flu vaccines with a 25% efficacy. Yet we do it because it will 100% work in some people, and partially work in many others. We don't toss the baby out with the bathwater. Plus with the mutations, strains, and version, I would guess a 50% efficacy would be a long shot, but it doesn't mean it's not worth trying. 94% efficacy, I am naturally suspicious but I am a suspicious guy; I don't entirely believe the line they gave us. I would also imagine that like the flu we'll see an annual vaccine.

My issue is not with a vaccine per se, but rather me being among the first. I was in the military during 9/11 and I saw too many Marines and Sailors get effed up, in my opinion as a result of being given 'new' vaccines with little data on risks and side effects. My boss told me our institution will get the vaccine as early as next week, with a tiered response (our department in the middle), and that it is NOT mandatory (yet); therefore, I shall not avail myself of the vaccine.

Feedback Score
    The Kansas governor issued a second mask mandate last Wednesday and our Dickless county commissioners decided to let it come in to affect. I can’t wait to get to phone calls from the sheep ratting out non-mask wearers. Hopefully this will slow down the cases, I am just kidding it won’t because masks don’t work, maybe then the medical professionals can get back to making TickTock videos and stop complaining about how busy they are.

Page 38 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast