Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Courses in MD/VA?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Sorry about digging up an old thread, but Hatfield's Gunsmithing (Manassas) looks like they do some courses now. I think they take them to the Fairfax Rod and Gun Club.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Sorry about digging up an old thread, but Hatfield's Gunsmithing (Manassas) looks like they do some courses now. I think they take them to the Fairfax Rod and Gun Club.
    I was going to mention this, but wanted to refrain as I do not have direct experience with the Hatfield's (or ANY) training classes.

I did want to say that I do know the lead instructor well, having trained with him for a few years, and I can say that in my experience his approach to teaching is very well thought out and organized. I know that he has solid credentials and would encourage folks looking for a local option to consider these Hatfield's classes.

They have held basic and advanced carbine and pistol courses, and will probably add tactical shotgun for 2012.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Also Grey Group now has some courses in South Hill, VA. I think they have 3 scheduled right now.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Redback One can provide you guys with training in the Northern VA/MD area. We would need a minimum of 15 shooters for a successful course and can provide instruction in either pistol, carbine or shotgun.

Shoot me a PM if your interested in getting something going in your Region.

I am happy to field any questions regarding our training here in this sub-forum.

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bronze Star awarded moderator Failure2Stop has a 2 day carbine class within easy driving distance of NoVA on February 25th and 26th as detailed here.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm very interested in just about any class, but I can't quite be counted on for being able to attend yet. I'm only available during the summer really, and am still waiting to see what the Army wants me to do and when this summer. If things start to get going then hopefully I'll be able to make one work, or once I know my schedule then hopefully I can throw my name in.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Having looked into hosting a course in the past, I've found that the main difficulty in scheduling a course in the Washington DC area is venue. Many of the ranges have training contracts with the federal government and charge rates that private users find exorbitant. Most students don't want to pay a $200 range fee (per day) on top of the course tuition.

Thankfully there are options - and Culpepper in particular has emerged as a location within reasonable driving distance where typically there are a number of quality classes offered each year. However, it is difficult to arrange a course for visiting 'out-of-town' instructors without the range costs becoming prohibitive.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quick heads up, slots are still available for our August 24-26 class.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=106532
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Working on getting Haley Strategic, RedBack One, and EAG Tactical to run a course in the Fredrick, MD area....working on logistics with a private range. Will update when I have something solid
    Last edited by Ak44; 08-30-12 at 19:35.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    Working on getting Haley Strategic, RedBack One, and EAG Tactical to run a course in the Fredrick, MD area....working on logistics with a private range. Will update when I have something solid
    Any updates? (Wishing you much luck in this endeavor.) The hard part with this region seems to be the exorbitant price of range fees.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-24-12 at 21:31.
    “Shooting a gun projects your personal will across time and space in a flash. I want to hit that and that is hit. Straight from your mind to the physical world. Talk about your PowerPoint presentations.” --Don Winslow, Savages

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast