Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Razor HD 1-6 Mount

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I have an aero SPR mount that has been fantastic- several 10k run and guns that destroy weapons and have had zero issues, however the internet has informed me that it’s crap and will break. I also feel a little weird putting an optic that expensive in a $70 mount. Are those fears warranted?
    Matt Little and Frank Proctor have run Aero mounts pretty extensively and both have the background to decide what would or would not hold up. They’re fairly common in competition. Most of the issues I’m aware of occurred during installation; the Aero mounts don’t appear to be tolerant of torque issues when the rings are tightened. Once they’re properly installed, though, they seem to hold up ok.

All that said, while I own one Aero SPR mount and it’s never given me any trouble, I run mostly NF Unimounts for magnified optics just because the amount of material on the Aero just isn’t confidence inspiring to me. I’ll fully acknowledge that’s probably mostly in my head, though.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Badger.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What does taller than standard mean? The Vortex Sport cantilever mount has a 1.59" center height.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What does taller than standard mean? The Vortex Sport cantilever mount has a 1.59" center height.
    1.54”ish is considered standard height. 1.70” is about lower 1/3 and 1.93”+ is considered high.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Exactly. I’ll probably just go with an aero if the evidence is anecdotal or surrounding the torque. I have a fat wrench.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like others have said save your money and get the 1.70 badger.

If you can't trust an ADM I would find it hard to trust an Aero. They just feel fragile to me. No data just feelings

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I purchased an aero to test out a few years back. One of the interlocking tines that wraps around the scope tube broke. Aero to their credit replaced it.

They are super light but they are fragile. I use it now to hold a 4-14 that I have around just for accuracy testing. When you mount them to the rail you get how cheap they are.

Badger makes two mounts. One is their older unimount which is 100% a solid mount and fits in your price range. The second mount they make is their newer Condition One Modular Mount which is beyond bad ass. First it is super lightweight. Second it has connectors that allow 45 degree offset with a red dot or RMR, a Angle Cosine Indicator mount, pic rail, bubble level and a host more.

Personally I would not put a razor on an aero mount. Maybe a viper but it's just too nice of an optic to get a crappy mount. The other thing I would add is your buying a mount for a 30mm tube. You will have more 30mm tubes in your life long after you have sold the razor. Buy once cry once and get a decent mount that will last through multiple optics and if you decide to sell it, it will hold some value.

ETA - the previously mentioned Vortex Sport Cantilever Mounts - https://amzn.to/3xBpo3m is a far better mount than the Aero and its around the same price.
    Last edited by themonk; 06-21-21 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I purchased an aero to test out a few years back. One of the interlocking tines that wraps around the scope tube broke. Aero to their credit replaced it.

They are super light but they are fragile. I use it now to hold a 4-14 that I have around just for accuracy testing. When you mount them to the rail you get how cheap they are.

Badger makes two mounts. One is their older unimount which is 100% a solid mount and fits in your price range. The second mount they make is their newer Condition One Modular Mount which is beyond bad ass. First it is super lightweight. Second it has connectors that allow 45 degree offset with a red dot or RMR, a Angle Cosine Indicator mount, pic rail, bubble level and a host more.

Personally I would not put a razor on an aero mount. Maybe a viper but it's just too nice of an optic to get a crappy mount. The other thing I would add is your buying a mount for a 30mm tube. You will have more 30mm tubes in your life long after you have sold the razor. Buy once cry once and get a decent mount that will last through multiple optics and if you decide to sell it, it will hold some value.

ETA - the previously mentioned Vortex Sport Cantilever Mounts - https://amzn.to/3xBpo3m is a far better mount than the Aero and its around the same price.
    How did the Aero break?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Where the rings meet at the top, they each have two interlocking tines - they are like interlocking hands. See picture attached aero.JPG. One of those broke off when installing a scope.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Where the rings meet at the top, they each have two interlocking tines - they are like interlocking hands. See picture attached aero.JPG. One of those broke off when installing a scope.
    Were you using a fat wrench?
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast