Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Pretty sad......

Feedback Score

It's Pretty sad......

I am a college student here in Wilmington Nc and it really sucks to hear people my age not worried about the upcoming hurricane.... Yes, it is probably going to miss us, but the only things I have heard as regards to it are "hurricane parties" and yay no class.... I really wish more people my age thought about the seriousness of the situation... I guess awareness begines at a young age... what do you guys think

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some people have been raised/indoctrinated to believe the U.S. Government will respond in a matter of minutes and take care of their every need. Some people have to find out the hard way that is not the way it works.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A lot of people think the gov should/will take care of them.

While we don't have hurricanes, there is a large usually dry creek that has lot's of houses in it.
    It has flooded many times over the years and the people living down there expect the gov to "Give" them sand and sand bags for the upcoming wet season.

Feedback Score
    I agree with that but the problem is that the notion of them being in trouble isn't there. they are more worried if the liquor store is open or not lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know where Wilmington NC is but when Sandy hit we were in its field and of course everyone was told the sky was falling. My area doesn't have a history of flooding so I wasn't worried. I don't know how else to put it. It had nothing to do with relying on the gov. To me its the same when a epic snow storm comes. Not worried. Now, if I lived on the FL coast or where there is a history of bad weather then I would take appropriate action

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    In my younger years I liked the excitement of a hurricane. A couple hurricanes that f'd my shit up good, a tornado that ripped my neighborhood in half, and the infamous Rita evacuation, volunteering at the Dome to help the Katrina evacuees - I'm a prepped and ready to bug the F out kinda guy. We can be gone with everything that matters plus food and water for two weeks in less than 4 hours.
    Last edited by BG1960; 10-02-15 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You go to uncw?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Some people have been raised/indoctrinated to believe the U.S. Government will respond in a matter of minutes and take care of their every need. Some people have to find out the hard way that is not the way it works.
    And no four words in human history has caused the deaths of more people than "It can't happen here"
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdchen0407 View Post
    I am a college student here in Wilmington Nc and it really sucks to hear people my age not worried about the upcoming hurricane.... Yes, it is probably going to miss us, but the only things I have heard as regards to it are "hurricane parties" and yay no class.... I really wish more people my age thought about the seriousness of the situation... I guess awareness begines at a young age... what do you guys think
    You go to uncw?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    You go to uncw?
    cfcc then the dub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast