Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    FYI, the optical window on the first Gen ACRO P-1 sight is 16x16mm (0.63 x 0.63 in) and on the new ACRO P-2 model it is 15x15mm (0.59 x 0.59 in).
    Hmmm... Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    hardly noticeable really...
    True. It’s noticeably smaller than an RMR but... I think the adjustment will be minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    Can anyone report how the P-2 does with astigmatism? I have a nice round dot with my T2 but see a comet with my T1. And with the RMR I see a starburst. Very curious how the P-2 is.

Feedback Score
    Got mine in tonight. I had a 19.5 MOS and FCD plate waiting for it so there's a few new things compared to my ATEi 19.5 w/ RMR.

To answer the astigmatism question above: it exists but not as bad as the RMR, my best friend who compared them side to side who has astigmatism. I don't have that particular issue and I found the dot to be pretty close with the edge going to the ACRO

The MOS with FCD plate is tight. Plate to slide is very tight. Optic to plate felt kind of loose until I tightened it down. Or in other words it was easy to get on.

Dot presentation felt different to me. To my untrained friend who is an Iron sightist, he felt the ACRO was easier to acquire. The "find the irons" trick was not as helpful because it is a true co witness with the Ameriglo irons I have.

Glass clarity is amazing. I've never really cared about the debate around the blue tinted RMRs that I have but this appears much more clear. All subjective because it was all indoor lighting.

Compared to am RMR it does look like a miniature microwave but didn't really look any taller but I'm not one to recite dimensions.

I think it will be a real winner but won't know until I shoot it. Out of the box impressions with a kind of apples to oranges comparison to the RMR, I think it is going to be a big step up but I am going to need to shoot it before declaring it is better and worth making this my edc/duty gun.

ETA: brightness level 4 is good but 5 is amazing. Not sure what battery life is at which setting.
    Last edited by Budget; 12-20-21 at 23:51. Reason: Grammar, etc

Feedback Score
    Good to hear! I should have pre-ordered but didn’t think there would be too big of a problem getting one. Hopefully the pre-orders and government contracts get caught up to get my hands on one

Feedback Score
    i mounted my ACRO P-2 to my G17 this evening (gen 4, slide milled by Jaegerwerks). Thoughts:

1. The glass to me appears clearer than the P1. Might be me, but the prior ACRO P-1s I’ve looked through always appeares to have a green tint and was darker than comparable Aimpoint micros.

2. I already dinged up the battery cap. I first tried using the plastic side of my Aimpoint tool - would not budge. I then stupidly used a screwed driver - nicked the edges and would not budge. Last, I used a quarter and got it off. The battery cap’s slot is very shallow, and the quarter still caused deformation tightening it and loosening it. Hence, be careful. I
    emailed Aimpont for a spare battery cap

3. This is my first ACRO, and I am amazed the manual only says tighten to 3 Nm (-26 in-lbs). I am also surprised Aimpoint didn’t go for a two screw system rather than a 1 screw system give. how small the screw is. I guess it works. Time will tell.

4. Windage and elevation knobs are silver, not black. They also adjust using the T10 torx wrench on mine, not the traditional Aimpoint wrench’s two prong end.

I’ll take it tomorrow or Friday to try it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    i mounted my ACRO P-2 to my G17 this evening (gen 4, slide milled by Jaegerwerks). Thoughts:

1. The glass to me appears clearer than the P1. Might be me, but the prior ACRO P-1s I’ve looked through always appeares to have a green tint and was darker than comparable Aimpoint micros.

2. I already dinged up the battery cap. I first tried using the plastic side of my Aimpoint tool - would not budge. I then stupidly used a screwed driver - nicked the edges and would not budge. Last, I used a quarter and got it off. The battery cap’s slot is very shallow, and the quarter still caused deformation tightening it and loosening it. Hence, be careful. I
    emailed Aimpont for a spare battery cap

3. This is my first ACRO, and I am amazed the manual only says tighten to 3 Nm (-26 in-lbs). I am also surprised Aimpoint didn’t go for a two screw system rather than a 1 screw system give. how small the screw is. I guess it works. Time will tell.

4. Windage and elevation knobs are silver, not black. They also adjust using the T10 torx wrench on mine, not the traditional Aimpoint wrench’s two prong end.

I’ll take it tomorrow or Friday to try it out.
    Sam result with my C2 battery cap. They scar up quite easily.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    The Acro has a way more robust mount because it's acts as a little picatinny. The screw simply just holds the clamp in place unlike the 2 screw system which you must torque properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    The Acro has a way more robust mount because it's acts as a little picatinny. The screw simply just holds the clamp in place unlike the 2 screw system which you must torque properly.
    Yeah, but why not use two screws to clamp it in place? It’s such a small screw.

Feedback Score
    Finally got to “test drive” the Acro P2 on my gen 4 G17. I put 250 rounds down range.

1. The glass is clear. No issues picking up the 3.5 MOA dot 10-25 yards. Yes, a bigger box would be nicer (like the Trijicon SRO), but that would bulk up the optic.

2. No POI changes once I zeroed at 25 yards.

3. Dot is very crisp.

4. My lower 1/3 Dawson sights that Jaegerwerks sells do not get in the way.

This is going to be a learning process for me. I have a Vedder holster cut specifically for this rig. Hopefully, I get some outdoor range time in the next month or two when the weather is better. Need more practice!

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast